upgrading ax10 rtr

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tncrawlwer

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i need some help guys i have my ax10rtr and I'm looking to upgrade my chassies
i want to get rid of the plastic and i dont know wat to get and i need to know of some good shocks'

also how do i get more articulation i want more flex

well if you still have the plastic lower links you NEED to replace them....

http://www.eastendmachining.com/stcucrpa30de2.html

have you run it on many rocks yet??? because, I'm pretty sure, maybe not, but pretty sure once you get to crawling alot you will realize it articulates more than enuff right now....

The stock shocks actully work pretty well you just need to add some additional spacers inside the shock to lower the ride height a little, between 2-3/4 and 3" is usually pretty good starting point, Like SNG said you don't need a lot of articulation, to much can cause you problems, this skid helped my truck a lot as well http://www.eastendmachining.com/doretrskde.html

a good budget chassic is the black widow made by mfm
http://www.mfmracing.com/
i had it in my shafty good chassic for the price

shocks i would go with some losi crawler shocks or traxxas big bores

id personally say stick with the stock chassis till you get used to it...one thing you will want to upgrade is your servo for sure and esc.

yea i would do alot more before changing the chassic too but he asked

I'm having a bad problem with it rolling over i dont know if i should have used a lipo batt or not i was thinkin of geting better shocks and upgrading all the plastic links to alloy how do i lower it lol I'm new to this

where do you have your battery placed? on top fo the chassis like Axial suggests? thats a bad place imo. your better off putting yoru esc/rx on top and slipping the battery underneath the plate, a NiMH pack will just slip between the battery plate and the tranny, and hang out front over your steering servo. this will help lower your COG by getting that heavy pack lower on the chassis.

theres alot of easy cheap or free mods you can do so you dont HAVE to bleed green cash to make things better.

yeah timmahh is right but intead of saying " a bad spot" he should have said "the worst spot in the world" lol...get that battery off the top...its like having a solid 20 ft wall on top of a metro in a wind storm....even if you have to zip tie it to the back axle its so much better than up there....if you are gonna go to lipo, thats a smart idea but you will have to get a new esc...

y would i need a new esc for

I don't believe that the stock Axial ESC will work with lipo batteries is why you would need a new ESC, it doesn't have a lipo cut off built in. but I could be wrong...

I don't believe that the stock Axial ESC will work with lipo batteries is why you would need a new ESC, it doesn't have a lipo cut off built in. but I could be wrong...

stock esc can't handle lipo power

theres no point in risking it imo, if you want to run lipo just start off right and get a CC esc.

yeah and the difference with a sidewinder or mamba over the stock axial esc is night and day....you can dial it in to how you drive...they are just bad ass esc's.

Back