upgrades needed input

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigsavage.bc

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hi i want to start upgrading my savage x like a arms, shocks, pretty much everything just wondering how i would go about doing it with out killing my pocket book an best quality

i also wondering if there is a faster engine i could put in it that is nice not sure if i like the 32rr-1 much

also when me and my buddy run together my car will run out of control like i said I'm new at this we have different chrystals but everytime we run my car gets destroyed
thanks everyone if you can help

Its best to upgrade to a 2.4ghz radio with a failsafe. The spectrum DX3C is a good one and also for a little cheaper at tower hobbies if the Futaba 3PL. As far as engine choices the LRP .32 is a popular one for the savage and also the new OS .30VG is a great choice. My friend just bought the OS .30vg and i had the opportunity to install and break it in and tune it for him and i was impressed with the torque and power of it. You can use Ebay to find the cheapest prices on parts and upgrades for it. Also www.towerhobbies.com has pretty good prices on parts for the savys. RPM suspension arms are a must have for any basher.

thank you so much for the reply

i have a serious prob i can't keep spur gears from going out its driving me nuts do to that I've ran my truck a total of 25 mins in 4 weeks any idea how to keep it from going out i bought a metal spur gear then it ate my bell

i also upgraded my shocks to aluminum ones nice and great deal on are local classifieds loving he hobbie just wish i could get to the point where I'm running more then fixing thanks

I'm not too familiar with the Savage but I know that too much chassis flex will cause spur gears to shred. My neighbor has 3 Savages and I've never seen them run any of the 3 a full tank due to shreading spur gears. Seems to me a pretty common problem with the Savage. They sound really nasty though haha.

Ya there loud and nice love it but never a tank lol hopefully on Saturday I have better luck ill post it

Your gear mesh is not right. Of the 3 savages I have owned I have yet to shred a spur gear. If you upgraded to the metal spur gear you also have to get the hardened steel clutch bell. Otherwise you will keep shredding the bell. You are better off sticking with the plastic spur, when meshed right, they will last forever.

Sent from my XT907

thanks ya i had a vented hardened bell but it moved on me and my mesh wasn't right so this time I'm gonna try to be pateient and do it right

Back