Upgrades for axial scx24

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes big difference. Injora motor is a little louder but has way more power.

Mine took weeks to get here. I also ordered hott racing motors from amain.com. around $13 each and great motors. Had them in 2 days.amain.com is sometimes faster then Amazon shipping

I've heard people say that because the motor is so small, wheel weights kill the motor.
It can, I'm using 6g wheel weights, it has improved performance and i haven’t noticed a loss of power

Level 1-
Coda hexes, front brass diff cover, brass knuckles, and some treal (or rc4wd) wheels and rc4wd rock locks. Does pretty much every line with some difficulty. Motor & esc are full factory, no major mods. Factory rails, very minor body trimming, ebay skids, and still running factory shocks with rear springs (front shocks running full droop, no springs). Friends are impressed with your driving skills.
View attachment 129106
Level 2-
Gspeed rails, Barrage motor, steel wheels, brass hexes & knuckles, brass diff covers, maybe a steel skid, some bent plastic links, full droop- no springs on factory shocks (because nothing out there has actually improved performance yet, despite the fanbois' claims), fenderless body, some kustomizing with magnets for mounts, factory rx/tx- keeping it brushed. Pulls lines that amaze you and your friends. Friends start using words like "magic"
View attachment 129108
Level 3- Taco Truk
Gspeed rails, shapeways motor mount, 2204 outrunner, Furitek esc (literally nothing like it for low speed control. It's life changing), bent links, brass knuckles, hexes, diff covers, aluminum tranny mount/skid, steel wheels, full droop front/sprung rear factory shocks (keeps forward pressure on steep break overs), slingers, ebay printed sliders, lihv batteries from rdq, magnets and hinge for body mounts, emax servo (soon to be a reefs), and some hacking/fabrication to make it all fit and play well together. Friends start using words like "cheating" and "f*ck you". Motor has enough torque to fold chassis in half when you bind it up on the servo horn (hence the name- taco truk). Makes ridiculous lines look easy. Rear wing optional... (it was a joke. It's not there anymore). Truk starts developing a following of its own. People come to Montana from Arizona to see it, (That actually happened...) makes @Doom! And others from another forum smile when they see it.
View attachment 129107
Next level still in development...

Old thread, but I just got a gladiator SCX24. The Taco was always at the back of my mind ever since I flew to see it :p

Yep, odd looking fellow, but I didn't let the extra arm and missing ears bother me. I even used my Kraton to test how well @ABabyEater 's Kraton stands up to being crushed. Good old boys for sure.
Cool. We haven't heard from Pat here for awhile, so if you are in contact with him, tell him we have missed him around here. Especially his cooking!

Cool. We haven't heard from Pat here for awhile, so if you are in contact with him, tell him we have missed him around here. Especially his cooking!
^^^^^THIS^^^^

@Sargent_Horse please tell him to get his heiny back here. We need to hear more about antelope burgers and such.

Yep, odd looking fellow, but I didn't let the extra arm and missing ears bother me. I even used my Kraton to test how well @ABabyEater 's Kraton stands up to being crushed. Good old boys for sure.

We do miss the mutant more than he knows.

Back