Unseen upgrades.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My main reason for my suggestion for ditching plastic coilovers is they heat up over time/laps and flex and get "sloppy". But hell if you're just jumping it off a wood ramp in a flat dirt field then buy a bunch of cheapo plastic coilovers is what I say. I was giving advice at 1st from how I use RC's and not thinking about how you were, my bad dude.

Lol..na ,I abuse my stuff ,but yea ,I know what your saying ,the plastic just gives out ,gets brittle an flexes!

My shocks are a split between stock plastic an aluminum body ,4 plastics ,an 4 aluminum.
Been thinking on out fitting a more longer stroke shock ,like the HPI;s have!

Lol..na ,I abuse my stuff ,but yea ,I know what your saying ,the plastic just gives out ,gets brittle an flexes!

My shocks are a split between stock plastic an aluminum body ,4 plastics ,an 4 aluminum.
Been thinking on out fitting a more longer stroke shock ,like the HPI;s have!
I would run all plastic or all aluminum to keep things consistent and predictable.

I have to store these pics here I forgot that I had signed up on that host ,as I just stumble across them on a old
2011 post!
I don't have the PC that they were stored in no more!
Its a 8.0 spur gear mod for a 4.6!

Just to jump in ,2.5 tmaxx ran great,all things built with intended purpose have limitations,,,,tmaxx - by the 2nd week owning it,all aluminum,bumper to bumper,rear diff spool,.21max engine (ofna-picco), metal servo arms,upgrade brakes,proline bowties-super light weight.all steel gears you can get, that thing flew? 55+mph,big parking lot,cops radared it,cops are cool here till I run it down the road?

Attachments

• 1576074125718726444868.jpg
    1576074125718726444868.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 266
This is now for speed? modified 2.5,and tall gears,65mph?,math said 73ish,so not too far off!

Attachments

• 1576074203728505688249.jpg
    1576074203728505688249.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 269
Nice rig. All the Hardcore Racing parts were very durable with nice machining. Although expensive they were worth every penny. It's a shame they left the r/c industry for the power sports market, but hey, at least someone is still getting top shelf parts from them. The only Ace I know that still have a decent selection of new Hardcore Racing parts is a hobby shop in San Antonio, Texas, called Al's Hobbies. I visited there about a year ago. There brand new in the packages, just waiting to be sold.

Nice rig. All the Hardcore Racing parts were very durable with nice machining. Although expensive they were worth every penny. It's a shame they left the r/c industry for the power sports market, but hey, at least someone is still getting top shelf parts from them. The only Ace I know that still have a decent selection of new Hardcore Racing parts is a hobby shop in San Antonio, Texas, called Al's Hobbies. I visited there about a year ago. There brand new in the packages, just waiting to be sold.
Tough stuff to be sure. I had their LST chassis on my aftershock. Had to cut a piece out of it to fit a engine with a non-stock starter on it. Broke my heart to take a dremel to it... but I got it for nickels on the dollar when stormer hobbies dumped all their HCR stock.

Back