Tyhon 3s changed receiver now no throttle?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattg85

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all I'm trying to fit a dumbo rc to my typhon3s i have steering but zero throttle/reverse have no idea what i am doing any help would be appreciated

Make sure the servo is in channel 1. ESC in channel 2 (1 to turn, 2 to burn) and make sure they are plugged in the right way.
After, is the esc giving power to the motor? Make sure all motor connections are plugged in and tight.
Might have to calibrate the esc to the new radio.
Normal esc calibration.
Hold the set button or esc button. Hold until it beeps
Do neutral press button
full throttle, press button
full reverse, press button
And it should be re-calibrated
Also before, good thing to do, make sure battery is fully charged and cells are balanced.

Make sure the servo is in channel 1. ESC in channel 2 (1 to turn, 2 to burn) and make sure they are plugged in the right way.
After, is the esc giving power to the motor? Make sure all motor connections are plugged in and tight.
Might have to calibrate the esc to the new radio.
Normal esc calibration.
Hold the set button or esc button. Hold until it beeps
Do neutral press button
full throttle, press button
full reverse, press button
And it should be re-calibrated
Also before, good thing to do, make sure battery is fully charged and cells are balanced.
Thank you, I've tried all of the above, but I'm stuck at the calibration process. When i do step 1 ie the neutral and press set it doesn't beep twice to indicate I'm on step 2 i.e. throttle up. I've tried 3x transmitters/receivers and can't get the calibration to progress. It just seems to exit calibration mode.Is it possible to damage the esc its not plugged into the receiver correctly? can't see any loose wires, physical damage

will receiver bind with radio you are using? have you checked your trims make sure they are set to neutral or zero?.
radio? using
receiver?

Thank you, I've tried all of the above, but I'm stuck at the calibration process. When i do step 1 ie the neutral and press set it doesn't beep twice to indicate I'm on step 2 i.e. throttle up. I've tried 3x transmitters/receivers and can't get the calibration to progress. It just seems to exit calibration mode.Is it possible to damage the esc its not plugged into the receiver correctly? can't see any loose wires, physical damage
No, it would just go in protect mode or not work if not plugged right in the receiver. If you connect the battery wrong (reverse polarity) it will fry the esc. I learned that the hardway. I fried a couple escs.
If it doesn't do the calibration right. Maybe it is the esc? maybe contact Horizon Hobby or spektrum. I got no clue.
will receiver bind with radio you are using? have you checked your trims make sure they are set to neutral or zero?.
radio? using
receiver?
This too. ;) ^

Thank you both I've set all the trims on the transmitters only thing i can think of its gotta be a faulty esc ill try arrms

radio? using
receiver?
Yeah I had that happen a couple of times with my max10 g2 140amp esc because I had the transmitter and receiver in a gas truck with the throttle trim all of the way to one side. Easy fix, just had to put it back to 0.