Twin Engine Build Aka '' EB4 S2.2 ''

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSX

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Twin Engine Build Aka '' EB4 S2.2 '' BUILD STARTED!

Won this on ebay for £95 + £16 shipping ( $149.09 + $25.11 ) ...

eb4s2touring.jpg

eb4s2touring2.png

Its another EB4 S2 With a Subaru WRX shell on top, chassis is identical to mine...

IMG_20120815_162147.jpg

so I'm going to mod one chassis to accept the extra engine and use the Subaru shell for the road and the xb808 shell for bashing!!

once the subaru arrives the build will start here...i will keep the build on post 1.

should be an animal!!! :D

Edit: just noticed mine has anti roll bars and thick, bulky top A arms, subaru doesn't....neither do the ones in google images?

Mine: anti roll bars, pink/red at front, green at rear

IMG_20120815_162133.jpg

google image:

115966d1138677830-thunder-tiger-eb4-s2-pro-buggy-rtr-dscf6358.jpg

must be a mod i guess?

Last edited:
I recieved the touring / rally car today but my god I'm dissapointed :( checked it all over, prepped the engine for a start and noticed they have used some poor quality string for the pull start....

it was advertised as a RTR so i decided to go ahead and start it. 4 pulls and it fired up, ran for 10 secs then stalled. i adjusted the mixture and tried again....

PING! the pull start string snapped.

took the pull start off and the little recess the coil spring sits in has worn away :( so pretty much fubar.

I have mailed the seller and i await his response. a new pull start will run me £23.50 / $37 so put that on top of the original price and its kinda not worth it as i was after a donor car for the twin build.

engine bolted in, pull start fixed so just a case of soring a place for the throttle servo and working out a linkage system and boom, ready for a test run!!

pics to follow....

here is 2 videos, 1 showing the mech for the throttles and the other with them both running. 1 engine cut out when i used more throttle as it was too rich.

both carbs need setting up but i will do that once i figure out where I'm going to put the throttle servo.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWfhGDZ_bSc"]Thunder Tiger Twin - YouTube[/ame][/QUOTE]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0wTFibqoLk"]Thunder Tiger Twin Running - YouTube[/ame][/QUOTE]

Back