Turns to the right and immediately turns full left and back to center

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yegster

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi - just signed up! Owner of 10 rc cars, but a friend has a car condition I haven't seen before. DHK Wolf. Budget priced buggy, that worked fine until it developed this issue. He can turn the steering full left and it will hold. Turning it to the right and holding it, it will turn will right, immediately turn full left and then back to center - without letting go of the knob. He also owns a DHK Hunter, so we substituted the servo from it that works fine and the same thing happens. Thinking it is then receiver/transmitter related, not servo.

Anyone heard of it? Added video to post:

Last edited:
Hi - just signed up! Owner of 10 rc cars, but a friend has a car condition I haven't seen before. DHK Wolf. Budget priced buggy, that worked fine until it developed this issue. He can turn the steering full left and it will hold. Turning it to the right and holding it, it will turn will right, immediately turn full left and then back to center - without letting go of the knob. He also owns a DHK Hunter, so we substituted the servo from it that works fine and the same thing happens. Thinking it is then receiver/transmitter related, not servo.

Anyone heard of it? I can submit a video of it occurring.
its probably the receiver/ transmitter thats goofed up
try switching radios

Never had that scenario before. Is it a 2.4ghz radio? Could try rebinding it to see if that has any effect.

Usually when a servo gets weird like that for me, it's the servo and I got it wet. But yours sounds radio related.

Do you have the EPA's set properly so the servo isn't hitting a mechanical limit at full right lock? If not, it could be stalling and causing a brown out, which has odd results sometimes and typically resets the receiver (power off/on type cycling).

This is a very basic car - $125 range. Limited adjustments on the radio. Just added the video to the post. He doesn't have a spare radio/receiver so buying one for $50 on the low end, wouldn't make much sense on this level of car. See if the video gives away any clues. Appreciate the responses.

Anyone heard of it? Added video to post:

That's crazy ,the only time that something like that happen to me ,was when I was messing with the old style
crystal systems ,an usually it was from interference from the antenna being too close ,or on a nitro from
the receiver antenna hanging too close to the clutch bell!

I think that I would invest in a radio gear ,but a glitch buster might help on the motor ,back in the
day ,we use to solder those filters on the motor!

Just for fun, can you flip the switch on the remote for the steering servo to reverse and see if it does the same thing, but when turning left? Right now it's on "NOR", flip it to REV. Just curious what it does.

Just for fun, can you flip the switch on the remote for the steering servo to reverse and see if it does the same thing, but when turning left? Right now it's on "NOR", flip it to REV. Just curious what it does.
That's an excellent suggestion and will help us to isolate your problem.

Back