Turnigy and Hobby King ESC's

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New2Nitros

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm getting a new ESC and even though I'm going to go with the mamba i saw these and for the price these amperage specs are crazy cool. Are these ESC's at least good for the price?

Are they decent for the price? Or is there a reason they are only $40 and say they can do 2-3 S LiPo's lol

Reason is I'm looking for a much cheaper alternative for just 2S LiPo. I also saw the Novak 2S and wondered about that one its like $96 :)

Yep they are pretty good for the money. Make sure its an esc that is easily matched for the rig and you will be fine. ALL electronics, regardless of brand can have problems, so Id rather, on a basher atleast, get something affordable. Hobbywing is a great lower cost esc too.

I had a hobbyking 100a ESC on my firestorm flux for about a year with no problems on 2s. Worked just as well as any other I've used....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Am I getting the idea that Hobby Wing and Hobby King are similar? I've heard people talking about both in forums as cheap alternatives.

Yeah their simular as is turnigy. Some models are just relabled.

Ok so I'm going to order one and try it out. This one HobbyKing Brushless Car ESC 60A w/ Reverse is ONLY $27.99 and says it handles 2-4 LiPo's that's insane I'm gonna take it , it mostly just handles 2? It would be hard to believe its that strong at that price.

I was also looking at the Hobbyking X-CAR 80A Brushless ESC (sensored/sensorless) or the 100A of course.

Is this the kind of thing that you should only use the larger ones or could you really get one of the $30-40 ones and just use 2S LiPo.

I really just wondering how strong these things are and if I should even mess with the lesser ones.

A Rustler with a Trinity 1201 5070kV. I use mostly 2S LiPo