TurboChargedHonda's FD-2 Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboChargedHonda

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Flying
Hello everyone, hope you guys are doing well. I present you guys... my Honda Civic Type R (FD-2).

t0it3jV.png

Here's a general list of my parts that I used:
- Chassis: Traxxas 4 Tec 2.0 (brushed version)
- Body: Civic Type R body from eBay
- Paint: Tamiya PS-16 (metallic blue) backed by PS-1 (white)
- Lights: cheap LEDs from Amazon
- Stickers: "Type R" badging and license plate number self-made using clear tape, white printing paper, and double-sided tape
- Exhaust pipe: light bucket that came with the LEDs. The light bucket is held on by a flat piece of black construction paper taped in the rear of the car with a hole (see pictures below)
- Hot Racing adjustable turnbuckles (for a bit of negative camber)
- Plastic piece set from Amazon (used the rear spoiler and side mirrors)
- Motor heatsink and fan
- Set of drift wheels
- Set of touring wheels and tires from Amazon

A few scale shots:

wITghPZ.jpg

e1pjopy.jpg

5bBn2w9.jpg

Hello everyone, hope you guys are doing well. I present you guys... my Honda Civic Type R (FD-2).

t0it3jV.png

Here's a general list of my parts that I used:
- Chassis: Traxxas 4 Tec 2.0 (brushed version)
- Body: Civic Type R body from eBay
- Paint: Tamiya PS-16 (metallic blue) backed by PS-1 (white)
- Lights: cheap LEDs from Amazon
- Stickers: "Type R" badging and license plate number self-made using clear tape, white printing paper, and double-sided tape
- Exhaust pipe: light bucket that came with the LEDs. The light bucket is held on by a flat piece of black construction paper taped in the rear of the car with a hole (see pictures below)
- Hot Racing adjustable turnbuckles (for a bit of negative camber)
- Plastic piece set from Amazon (used the rear spoiler and side mirrors)
- Motor heatsink and fan
- Set of drift wheels
- Set of touring wheels and tires from Amazon

A few scale shots:

wITghPZ.jpg

e1pjopy.jpg

5bBn2w9.jpg
Man all you guys have really good rc set up, I give y'all mad respect ???????? and good luck to you all??

Well, there hasn't been an update in a long time, so here's one! :)
All the upgrades are technically unplanned, but oh well. The aluminum shock caps came from my Slash 2wd. Since it already had aluminum shock bodies, the aluminum caps weren't really needed (and the aluminum caps used shoulder screws, which kind of limited suspension travel), so I swapped the plastic caps from the 4 Tec 2.0 to the Slash. I also changed out the stock brushed system for an HW XR8 4300kv (which came from my Slash 4x4):
PXL_20210619_021843277.jpg

For future upgrades, I'm planning on cutting a front splitter out of polycarbonate and perhaps play around with different tires.

Back