Tuning

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reddog

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have done nitro quite a bit over the years. Usually just followed the instructions for break in and tuned it according to the smoke. Being tone deaf it is very hard for me to hear a subtle tone change to indicate rich or lean. I have to say the tuning flow chart on hear has been the one tool that has helped me more than anything with tuning my engines.
After showing my 11 year old where the needles where I gave him the flow chart and the screwdriver. Following the chart he tuned my t maxx 3.3 in about 10 minutes. I am not sure who wrote it be a HUGE Thank You for it. Shaun and Little Jon.

I'm not the one who wrote it, but I found it EXTREMELY valuable so I made it a 'sticky' for permanent use.
If you click the printable link below it you'll get a full page printout to keep in your pit box.

I have done nitro quite a bit over the years. Usually just followed the instructions for break in and tuned it according to the smoke. Being tone deaf it is very hard for me to hear a subtle tone change to indicate rich or lean. I have to say the tuning flow chart on hear has been the one tool that has helped me more than anything with tuning my engines.
After showing my 11 year old where the needles where I gave him the flow chart and the screwdriver. Following the chart he tuned my t maxx 3.3 in about 10 minutes. I am not sure who wrote it be a HUGE Thank You for it. Shaun and Little Jon.
I'm with you too- it was extremely, extremely helpful for when I came to tuning my rc :)

that chart is even useful to veterans of nitro.

Good to have in a "pit" box, in a folder, or in a back pocket..

Back