Tuning Help, Hong Nor x1x Sport

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g4m8l3r

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and quite new to nitro cars also. I have been given a Hong Nor X1X Sport recently and having a few issues with it. It has recently had a new replacement engine fitted but not long enough for it to be tuned/setup. On top of the engine the heatsink says HK 25, what does this mean?

Firstly I am having an issue starting it, I have replaced the fuel line, fuel filter and glow plug. I was told by the prior owner to warm the heatsink up with a hair dryer for 30 seconds then prime and put the glow stick on and it will start and this did work. I was told the reason behind this was the glow plug was shot so I went to my local RC shop and was given a medium heat plug, I fitted this along with the new fuel pipe and filter and it wouldnt start, even with the hair dryer trick. I checked the plug on the end of the stick and it was glowing. I put the old one back in and it fired up again using the hair dryer.

I am using byron gen 2 20% fuel.

Secondly, when it is running I have to quickly pull the throttle or it cuts out, once revved it up (low rpm) its fine and doesn't cut out, however it does rev up on its own randomly and spit out of the exhaust.

Hope you guys/gals can help me please.

Kind Regards

Any other identifying markings like the sides of the crankcase and such? What color is the cooling fins?

Sounds like tuning issues to me. Check out the great tuning flow chart that is stickied at the top of this forum. Reset your engines needles back to factory settings and start from the beginning.

Sounds like tuning issues to me. Check out the great tuning flow chart that is stickied at the top of this forum. Reset your engines needles back to factory settings and start from the beginning.
yep