tuneing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HSPGuy2190

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
iv read the tuning section but i just got a headache

iv set the HSP to 1 1/2 turns from closed postion

what should i set the LSN too ?

what way is open on the idle screw sorry stupid question

---------- Post added at 8:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:47 PM ----------

is it lefty loosy , righty tighty ? or what

Screwing the screw clockwise (in) will increase the idle gap, counter clockwise will decrease the gap. Larger gap=higher idle, smaller gap=lower idle.

Same thing applies to your needles left=loose=richer and right=tight=leaner

the pull start cord seems to be grabbing , it will pull but its grabbing ? whats that mean what do i need to change

---------- Post added at 9:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:16 PM ----------

i screwed the idle screw counter clockwise so the gap was smaller

---------- Post added at 9:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:22 PM ----------

i can hardly pull the pull cord !!!

If the cord is hard to pull then you may have flooded the engine.

Pull the glow plug and see if it lets the engine turn over easier, if not, try turning the flywheel. If you can't do that, it's probably time to pull the engine apart or at least the starter.

got her to run , but as i reved her she was spitting fuel out the exhaust not alot but theres spray mark all over the concrete , and i noticed as soon as i started her the back wheels were spinning , and i didnt have my hand on the throttle and i was holding the car off the ground whats that mean ?

okie thanks bud

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:58 PM ----------

what about the spitting fuel too lean ? to rich ? or was it cuz she was warming up

If it's spitting raw fuel out of the exhaust then it's too rich or it may just be clearing from being flooded.