Tuned Pipes....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
Ok so this is likely a ways off but I am planning on racing in club events starting sometime later this year. Initially I'll stick with my engine and pipe combo but inevitably I'll want to upgrade. If at this time my engine is still strong I'll only upgrade the pipe and therein lies the question. What pipe? I've just been looking at the ERCM pipes and they're definitely intriguing. I like that its a small company and that the pipes are hand crafted, really dig the unpolished version. Can anyone comment on these ERCM pipes and or other pipes that have worked well for buggy racing (.21 engines)? I like to bash around but I love racing. Used to race an '87 N/A mr2 in local SCCA events but full size car racing isn't an option at this point in my life so nitro rc is where its at. Oldest son isn't into it (kids these day...) so I'm gonna.

everyone on this site will unanimously tell you that the ERCM pipes have no equal. If you want to consider to cheaper pipes HERE'S some info I posted up awhile back on a handful of the more popular non ERCM pipes.

I'm not an expert with pipes- But I have heard good things about Novarossi, Ofna and Dynamite tuned pipes :)

I have the Dynamite 086 high speed and it seems like a good pipe but I have nothing else to compare it to. Think I'm pretty much set on the ERCM though if for no other reason than it's a small business and the pipes are hand crafted. Even available unpolished which I think is really cool.

I liked the JP-3 pipe on my XB-8, but from hearing from everyone that has had one, the ERCM is the go to pipe.

I have the Dynamite 086 high speed and it seems like a good pipe but I have nothing else to compare it to. Think I'm pretty much set on the ERCM though if for no other reason than it's a small business and the pipes are hand crafted. Even available unpolished which I think is really cool.
Good choice, as long as YOU like it :)