Tuned Pipes/more power

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilhd

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys, I'm putting it out there. I'm wondering how I can get some more speed outta my truck. I got a JP4 pipe it it's nice. My truck is tuned pretty good, but I'm wondering what hop-ups could be out there or what tricks in the bag can I come up with that I could get some more speed outta my truck?

I've heard that if you put a smaller shim between the cooling head and engine. you get more compression = more HP. but check with the veterans on that one. and how long or short your header is would make the high and low end better. not to sure how that goes again but I'm pretty sure that its a shorter header for acceleration and longer for top end but def check into that i could have that mixed up

Holly Shhhh jon this info is fantastic thx!!!

no, add 2 mil head shim, 30% fuel.

Picture_006.jpg

Here is what a Losi Sport Tuned pipe looks like mounted. It worked great. I would like to try a Jammin pipe but I am not looking to do any speed runs.

Doing the trans gear swap mod is about like stepping up the CB one tooth. Do that, then get the losi high speed bell. It will add a bit more top speed yet.

If you really want to crank it up, 8man that sells +2 up to +6 bells for the LST. They are for the LST1 bell (threaded gears), but hey, if you want speed, it's the easiest.

I dropped to normal diameter maxx sized tires and maxx 2.5 wheels along with the Losi high speed bell and gear swap. That's running an LRP28. None of my bashing buddies can catch me. mwa ha ha ha... sorry, got excited.

Picture_006.jpg

Here is what a Losi Sport Tuned pipe looks like mounted. It worked great. I would like to try a Jammin pipe but I am not looking to do any speed runs.

i notice how your fuel line and filter are run over the gear box is that a better way to run it than between the fuel tank and cooling head?my aftershock is run between the head and tank

i notice how your fuel line and filter are run over the gear box is that a better way to run it than between the fuel tank and cooling head?my aftershock is run between the head and tank

I just didn't like the way the factory position was. It was a pain to get to . Since I didn't have reverse it was easier to just put it there. In my next LST, the line will be routed similarly but not over the tranny. For maintenance, it serves its purpose.

cool that is for shure a better way to run it i will do the same when i get home thanks JON2

Here's how mine is installed. That's a Big Daddy filter BTW.

IMG_3466.jpg

Neobart, GREAT idea man. Going to have to do that to my LST and the future one. Very nice idea.

Yup the bracket comes with the filter. Can't take credit for the idea though.

you got all the credit for the mounting spot thanks again

Doing the trans gear swap mod is about like stepping up the CB one tooth. Do that, then get the losi high speed bell. It will add a bit more top speed yet.

If you really want to crank it up, 8man that sells +2 up to +6 bells for the LST. They are for the LST1 bell (threaded gears), but hey, if you want speed, it's the easiest.

I dropped to normal diameter maxx sized tires and maxx 2.5 wheels along with the Losi high speed bell and gear swap. That's running an LRP28. None of my bashing buddies can catch me. mwa ha ha ha... sorry, got excited.

I was check'n the pinion's and this looks like something I'd like to try, where are they selling them

you got all the credit for the mounting spot thanks again

lol< yeah the filter does look nice, where did you get it?

I was check'n the pinion's and this looks like something I'd like to try, where are they selling them

I posted a link to 8man's in my post you quoted. The losi +1 bell is at horizon: http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSB3342 And I'm sure it's at other places that sell losi stuff.

FYI, I have my filter on the back:
2008-0304-ASFuelFilterLocation.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~98gmarquee/pics/aftershock/2008-0304-ASFuelFilterLocation.jpg

Link for 8man again: http://www.1320.4t.com/custom2.html

Last edited: