Trying to install picco .26

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well I've got over 25 min heat cycle now, i leaned it out a tad and its starting to come alive but its around 250 - 260 temp and not shifting into 2nd gear.

update:

Another 2 tanks of fuel and its starting to get real strong, wheelies almost on demand now, i leaned it some more to try to get it to shift but still no luck and its running at 265 now...so I adjusted the transmission to shift sooner by 1/8th turn and still no luck.
I took off filter and confirmed the carb is opening fully. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Have you sealed the motor?

i had to back off the shift point aways thes motor doesn't hit as high rpm i think

Yeah eventually I backed the transmission shift point enough so that it's shifting, but its kinda weird because it will shift very late when I have a full fuel tank and it will shift way too early near the end of the fuel tank.

I understand the motor will lean out as the tank empties but it goes from being so rich it'll barely accelerate to being slightly too lean near the end (around 265 temps but very strong)

Sounds like you may be rushing it a bit and your tune is still out of whack. How much fuel have you run through it so far? 25-30 minutes of run time isn't that long or that much fuel according to my estimates. I rarely have an engine start holding a tune well or putting out good power before 750cc's + have been through the engine. Even then, it's about 2000+ (1/2-3/4 gallon) before they really mellow out.

Yeah, I understand it shouldnt be at peak hp right now, but i would think i'd at least have a steady tune and be able to shift decently. At this point i've got at least 8 tanks thru it

125cc tanks or 150cc tanks?

Really though, your just now beginning to get that thing breaking in.

My LRP28 in my aftershock (220cc tank) didn't really turn the corner until tank 8 and definitely didn't start acting right until I had 15 or so through it. Even then, it was temperamental until I got a little over a gallon through it. Granted, that's a true big block and a thirsty one at that, but I had similar results with my OS18TM in my revo. 10-12 tanks before it mellowed at at 125cc's a tank. It started running really good around 2000 cc's as well.

125cc tanks or 150cc tanks?

Really though, your just now beginning to get that thing breaking in.

My LRP28 in my aftershock (220cc tank) didn't really turn the corner until tank 8 and definitely didn't start acting right until I had 15 or so through it. Even then, it was temperamental until I got a little over a gallon through it. Granted, that's a true big block and a thirsty one at that, but I had similar results with my OS18TM in my revo. 10-12 tanks before it mellowed at at 125cc's a tank. It started running really good around 2000 cc's as well.

Not sure if its a 125 or 150 cc tank..either way..oh well I'll keep playin with it a few more tanks and see how it goes. Either way this thing runs like a beast. I'm gonna need some different gearing and a wheelie bar lol

Once this is broken in and running nicely I'll be installing FOC, center diff, rear brake and whatever is the best spur/bell combo I find.