Trx 2.5

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxx 3.3 boss

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
It's a pull start 2.5 trx motor. When I pull it and plug the exost hole with my finger to choke it, the motor spits gas out of the side. Is this a lack of compression, or just missing a diff or bearing. Has this ever happen to anyone?

It all depends on what you mean when you're talking about the side. Is it by the exhaust, carb, cooling head, outer bearing or is it really the side of the block? If it's the side of the block, it's probably cracked. Have you had any good crashes?

It's like we're the silver meets the blue. On the side of the exost. It's almost like its not tightened all the way but it is. The car hasn't run in a while it's a project so no resort crashes

Are you talking about the cooling head? If so, take it off and make sure the shim is there and not damaged, then put it back together and tighten the screws evenly and in a star pattern. Tightening them a little at a time in this pattern will make sure that the head seats properly and is even all the way around.

Ok and does the shim look like

You should only prime (or "choke") it long enough to get the fuel line full and give the engine "a little" squirt. You are flooding it with more fuel than it can suck in and it's blowing it back out the carb.

I guess I didn't read it was spitting out the side.

Last edited:
Ok thanks, and on the steering servo is there suspos to be a whit rinse that connect them or is it suspos to connect directly