Truck dying after short run

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renegade88

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello Boyz, I am the new guy. I am new into nitro and just bought an Academy RT4-GP(anyone heard of these trucks). This truck is built really well and is 4 wheel drive. I have had HPI ,Tamiya and AE electric trucks. I am geting the seting part almost right on my truck but! here is the QUESTION: I run my truck for about 2 minutes then when I tap off it just dies and I have a #%$@*n hell of a time starting her again.
(my arm is sore from the pull start). Very quick on pulloff though, HELP? Oh yea she does run rich. It has a .15 carb with 3 needle setings.

okay...try to turn your idle screw clockwise till the engine idles perfectly. THen try to lean out the high speed needle. If this is your first Nitro RC dont touch the Low speed needle. I hope you broke it in though....
[move]-Kellen[/move]

I have run it in with four tanks of 5% nitro fuel. Why would it stall though is it too rich? or to lean? getting hot

5%??!?!?!?! What the heck is that? That's nothing. I don't even think that would run in a motor.... Well.. if it works for you I guess...

Idle screw first, get it idling to where it wants to move, but won't. Then lean the mixture until it's getting decent performance and decent smoke out the exaust.

Spit on the head of the motor, if it boils away faster than anything, then you're over heating. Ruchen the thing up. :)

if you can try running some 20% nitro. might help. i am thinkin that the 5% is not enough to keep it going for very long. if you go with 20 % though you will have to do another break in period

I still run 10%. I'm also a looser though. :p

Renegade88, I have never heard of anyone running 5% in a monster truck. I think 5% is for small airplanes? What does the manual say about the nitro percentage?

if its getting hot and dies it could mean you need to richen you LSN (low set needle) if you have a manual reset the carb and then lean the High needle from there. oh and change that fuel. diesel would be better than that try a gin and tonic 20% gin and the tonic for lubrication....<only kidding just get 15-20% nitro.

I'll take mine on the rocks. :)

Glow plug as well, get a decent running glow plug if that doesn't change the problem. OS A3 or #8 are good plugs :D

Back