trouble starting up

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avgrech

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hello everyone ,
i got a new buggy from hobbyking called the quanum toxic using a 18 sc engine and I've ran into some trouble , the engine wont start , i had a broken flywheel but i fixed it , now the engine wont start , i had to pull out the engine to fix the flywheel but i fixed it and placed everything as it was ... i checked my ignitor my fuel and my glow plug all ok , fuel is flowing in the engine as after giving up for the night i pulled off the fuel line (empty and blew into it air flowed into the carburetor just fine. i pulled on the pull start till i got blisters on my hands but it wont start is appears to have fuel in it but acts like it has no fuel or ignition attached to it ! what am i doing wrong ? and how do i get it to run like it was doing yesterday before breaking the flywheel?, this is my first buggy and my first nitro engine i normally handle engines quite bigger like outboards and real car engines so bit of a noob ...

Are you sure the plug is good, have you tried a new one?

i recharged the driver for 5 hrs and now it runs but now it wont idle , this car is giving me a lot of trouble !!!

i recharged the driver for 5 hrs and now it runs but now it wont idle , this car is giving me a lot of trouble !!!

I hate to tell you man, but this is like most other hobbies, you get what you pay for. I know you were probably just looking for a starter vehicle to have some fun with, and like most, didn't want to spend $500+ and not like the hobby. We'll try to give you some tips and get it working, but if we had the chance, we would have tried talking you out of buying a low end rig (with no CS) and saving up for a name brand one.

I would recommend reading the tuning guide that is pinned at the top of the "Nitro" section, if you are still having issues, look at some of the youtube videos from Squirrel. He has some good ones on sealing an engine and checking for leaks. Good luck with it, let us know how it goes.

fixed it

it has a problem with breaking off the flywheel after fixing that back in place it runs and drives fine , it still gives me trouble most of the time to run and stay ruing ecc. but i take it as part of the fun and a challenge , i really didn't want to spend a lot of money because i got a girlfriend , i really like planes but she hates them and they have ended up as ornaments , now she looks like she likes the nitro car thing and she even drove it her self drove the car into a bush but hey she likes it !!, now I'm thinking of progressing into an hpi trophy or something of the sort , what are your opinions on that buggy ecc?? Thanks

So if your girlfriend doesn't like it you're done with it? Come on man! Besides that, the hpi trophy is a good rig.

if i could avoid a fight i avoid it , can't wait to get my trophy now , !!

Back