Trouble mounting a picco max .26

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knall

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I got the truck used, and the engine isnt on there right at all. The gear mesh is SMASHED together.

Its a 5309 revo, I AM USING a ofna51531 revo engine mount for the ofn51223 .26 picco max.

I can't find anything bent or messed up.There just doesn't seem to be enough adjustment for the gear lash.

Would incorrect bell housing or spur cause this? Whats suposed to be on there? (I got it used remember)
Is the engine suposed to be shimmed on the mount? Spacers used somewhere?

I need to either raise the tranny or lower the engine.

Is there a schematic that would have come with the engine or the mount?

Thanks guys!!!!

yes, you could possibly have incorrect gears, one way or the other. if the spur and/or clutch bell is too big it wont work. Went to a 49 tooth from 47 on my savage x and just barely had enough clearance to get the mesh right

17 CB and 36 SG will get ur mesh damn near perfect and with the little bit of adjustment that you have with that mount you can get it pristine, i had the same problem and after a bunch of money spent on clutchbells and spur gears i finally found the combo that works

17 CB and 36 SG will get ur mesh damn near perfect and with the little bit of adjustment that you have with that mount you can get it pristine, i had the same problem and after a bunch of money spent on clutchbells and spur gears i finally found the combo that works

I just checked, I have a 20 CB and 40 SG on there now. Your recomendation will certainly be a lot smaller THANKS!!!

How is your power output? Is it the sickest thing ever? just OK , or a disapointment?

THANKS!!!

i have a 15t bell and 36t spur on my revo wasp .26..and its a used engine i got for 40$ .....lets just say , the wheelie bar gets used allot :D ....plenty of torque and great speeds to ;)

you can check it out here , i have a few vids ....i have a THS pipe on it now ...didnt drive that truck since i got that pipe ..in the vids , its the traxxas sc resonator

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83370

New stupid question, the truck should ROLL right? LOL I have the engine out, the brakes ARE NOT THE PROBLEM. I think the tranny is junk. Guess thats coming apart next. Should I just replace whatever is busted with stock stuff? or do you guys sugest metal gears ect ?

I sold a LOT of stuff that I bought in a large lot, got to keep the revo FREE. Otherwise I would be pissed at this point.

yes it should roll ....you could put steel gears in it ...but the stock ones seems to be pretty durable ....did you check the diffs ?? .....i would take everything apart and check it all since you got it used

Pulled the tranny apart, yep blown gear. Ordered a new one for like $7 Also ordered a 17 bell and a 36 spur. New tank oring,

She should be running soon, total investment so far -$10

I bought a lot of 3 used broken trucks, I fixed 2 and sold em for a PROFIT, I got a free revo with a .26 max and a few bucks to spare!!

I just checked, I have a 20 CB and 40 SG on there now. Your recomendation will certainly be a lot smaller THANKS!!!

How is your power output? Is it the sickest thing ever? just OK , or a disapointment?

THANKS!!!

well. . .to put it mildly. . .DAMN!!!!!. . . .on a perfect tune it will pull the front wheels when it shifts to 2nd gear or, it will spin out, depends on the traction

how do u ajust the picco.26max in the revo3.3 5309 model theres no ajustment in the motor mount

there is a little bit of adjustment, not much, but a little, enough to get the mesh right with the proper gear combo

The 17 36 got me to where I needed to be. Now if I could just get the engine to run properly....

The 17 36 got me to where I needed to be. Now if I could just get the engine to run properly....

Picco's by nature are very finnicky with the tune, it needs to be pretty spot-on for the motor to run correctly, not a lot of give in the tuning department. Also make sure you don't have any air leaks. Depending on how old the motor is you should definitely think about sealing it up if it isn't already.

New era sells a mount for that engine in the revo that allows for adjustment. The mount that comes with it doesn't really allow for any, as you already know.

I have a new era BB mount in my revo. They make good stuff.

Back