Trophy Truck One Off Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome job on the build !:thumbup: Let's see some vids of it when you get it up and running.;)

so what ended up being your dimentions? wheelbase? width (front and rear) ground clearence and total height?
i am also building one like this i am using a different chassis and i will be machining my own parts or modding parts from other rc's. i will be using a different meted of mounting the axlein the centerand different widths for te trailing arms.

11 1/4 front 10 1/2 rear, 11 1/4 in wb. need to up the gear ratio i the diff. need an hpi type diff that i can mod into it to get a 2.5:1 ish ratio, over the current ratio.

think i have a stock body that ll be here in a week or so too. but once i get a better ratio in the diff. i can work on the pinion spur setup and get some decent speed out of it.

:whhooo:Cool!!! Love the set-up. And like already posted...take vids of it when its ready to go.

very nice, good imagination. I am wondering about that rear shock tower though with all that weight but maybe thats cause I can't feel how strong it is. I am wondering if you can't machine something out of Alu or light steel.

thanx, the shock tower is pretty strong suprisingly. the whole chassis will move a bit before the tower moves off it. i have it bolted in 4 places to the chassis.

yanked the xxxt tranny, stuck in a slash tranny. willl get the driveshafts in tomorrow with a 76t spur and 28t pinion. also going to do the nmt4 diffgear mod. so the axle will go from a 13/38 to a 14/36 and take my axle ratio form a 2.92:1 to a 2.57:1 so that will up my speed a couple mph too.

i think by the time i m done (hopefully with these mods tomorrow) it will be a bit faster with the stock slash esc/motor than a stock slash is. then i can go bl on it. lol

ok few pics of body on.

DSCN5173.jpg

DSCN5174.jpg

DSCN5175.jpg

DSCN5176.jpg

DSCN5177.jpg

now you all can get a idea of what i have had pictured. this is only about 2/3rds the way built. probaby weighs around 3 lbs right now.

Sick build! Good thinking! I love when real world 1/1 scale setups make their way to RC. Get inspiration from the real deal and make it happen at your scale!

That looks sick with the body on it, came out really nice, and we have got to see some video of this thing in action, I would like to see how it handles....

Thanx Beav.

after takig a good close look at what i had going on, and what i will need to do to do the rear shocks the way i want, i had to make a few changes. nothing to drastic, but now i have a bit better angle for the shorter rear shocks when i order them, and have room to mount both to the shock tower, and the trailing arm. still using the same rear shocks for mockup. i like this a bit more, and once i get the new rear shocks mounted it ll be better

old setup of rear on top, new on bottom
DSCN5158.jpg

DSCN5179.jpg

old setup of rear on top, new on bottom
DSCN5160.jpg

DSCN5181.jpg

i also mounted the ESC in a better, more safe position, as well as cleaned up the wireing so it looks cleaner.

will post more once i get back out and run. its only 33 today so it ll wait. lol

Is that a simple " front to back Flip" Job on the tower ?? if so, smart idea !!

ya pretty much from what i had. a 180* flip.
i originally started it out like that, then moved it to how it was as i thought it was going to work better that way. now its closer to runable, i seen it needed to be changed.

i seen that happen on 1:1 scale, it happens that way sometimes.

As the old saying goes, "if it aint broke, don't fix it"

i am using a rc10gt chassis and machining my own rear shock tower so far I'm only have the front suspension, 2 of the 4 four link set up and a mock up of a rear axle using a wood dowel
still need to machine the back of the chassis and can't start the chasis machining untill i get my axle in.
i was stunned to find that the slash castor blocks fit perfectly in the stock a arms on the rc10 so i put them in the rpm a arms and installed them
i dont feel like doing a complete thread like you have because i do not want to steal any glory here at all i was inspired by your design and modified it to my liking
i almost tore apart my hpi nitro mt to make a 4wd version of the same thing!
but that is another day and another dollar!

but yours is looking awesome so far
i want to see a video of it going around a asphalt track and landing some big air!

Back