Trophy Truck One Off Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good, what tires and wheels are you going to use on the finished truck?

it ll get slash wheels, they should be here tomorrow or friday with the Wp 2075 servo as well.

thanx for the props. i was expecting a much tougher time of it, but things seemed to fall inplace for the most part.

slash wheels and 2075 servo showed up today, so on they went

DSCN5145.jpg

DSCN5146.jpg

DSCN5147.jpg

DSCN5148.jpg

DSCN5149.jpg

This is just sick! I really want to build one like this! What is gonna be the grand total spent when it is done? And what system is gong into is a mamba max?

xxx roller was 50.00 i got the 2075 servo and slash tires for 31.00 shipped (all 3 ebay deals) the rear shocks cost me 12.00 and the fronts were also 12.00 (also both ebay deals). i have a slash esc/motor combo comeing from Savage Fan for it too. (deal from here). so all thats left is a body, way to mount it, and likely slash front hubs and spindles that will need to be modded on. 25.00 for the WK Axle.

so all in all, once running, i d say i will have just over 200. i ll be useing my React system on it for radio.

thats looking great timmahh!!!

now i wish i hadn't tossed that duratrax ST i had.. lol I still got the shocks though. maybe i will try my hand at a one off build. I need to finish the radio shack to hobby electronics build first though..

Not to bad for price and for your esc/motor is that the xl5?

ok up date time.

I got the Axial HD Lower links here, and got them installed this evening. I also modded an Axial battery plate for a battery plate on this. i think i may need to relocate the upper 4 links toward the middle of the chassis a bit more now that i have the Axial HD links installed. they pulled my WB in about 1/2 of on inch so it now runs rigt at just under 13. i may also just redrill one hole, and move the lower chassis link mounts back a tad which would likely be the easier and better method to recorrect the wb to 13.2 inches. I also think I'm going to need the blue springs on the front Axial shocks with abit heavier oil. now that i have a servo, and the battery up front, its abit too soft, but i ll start with some 50w oil or something a bit thicker.

I also picked up a set of Slash front carriers and spindles now my front wheels are free wheeling and smooth rolling. i had to take just a smidge off the inside of the carrier to allow for the spindle to turn thru the carrier and not rub. so far so good. for shits n grins and to see how it moved, i put my rooster crawler setup . didnt go very fast with the 55t motor, but i drove it. lol

also installed a Slash waterproof radio box. should have the xls and 21t slash setup in the next few days. down to a few small mods, a body and getting it mounted for now.

few current pics.

DSCN5154.jpg

DSCN5153.jpg

DSCN5155.jpg

DSCN5156.jpg

Looks like your progessing right a long, are you going to lower the rear or rais up the front to level it out? keep the updates coming...

once i find and install either softer springs on the rear, or remove those spring and mount a 2nd set of rear sprung shocks on it, it should level it out some. i ll also be putting the stiffer springs on the front shocks to keep it a bit stiffer up front.

got the xl5 and motor in today (thanx SavageFan for the quick shipping too!), so i got it installed, moved the trailing arm mounts back a tad, installed a 2nd spacer in them to make them swing more freely, and added the blue springs on the front shocks. is just a bit bouncy up front, but i still need to remove the stopper inside, and redo the oil in them. ready for a body now and a place to mount it. then ill be basically water resistant and ready to go.

DSCN5158.jpg

DSCN5159.jpg

DSCN5160.jpg

i wish someone would build these type toys to sell to us serious bashers,so what if we paid a lil more,ad up all your spares

Back