Trojan Buggy faulty

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robertkelly123

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Hello fellow r/c enthusiasts, I have a Trojan Pro electric brushless buggy, it went great for the first week or so , but now when I try to run it the motor revs up, but the car stays still, like a real car does when the clutch is slipping, the power isn't getting to the wheels.Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my buggy and what part will I have to buy to fix it?

Rob

You spur gear is stripped it means that u
You have a plastic gear in your car and the tooth are gone flat its not a big deal just buy a new one and search on youtube how to replace the spur gear of a (your car)

You spur gear is stripped it means that u
You have a plastic gear in your car and the tooth are gone flat its not a big deal just buy a new one and search on youtube how to replace the spur gear of a (your car)

Which is the Spur gear?, the main gear which engages with the motor is metal and it looks like it's OK, is there another gear I cannot see? is it in the differential? Cannot see fix on my buggy on Youtube, can see other buggies though, maybe it's similar.

Which is the Spur gear?, the main gear which engages with the motor is metal and it looks like it's OK, is there another gear I cannot see? is it in the differential? Cannot see fix on my buggy on Youtube, can see other buggies though, maybe it's similar.

If it is 4 wheel drive it can not be a diff because if one breaks the other is proberly stil alive

Is it 2 or 4 wheel drive

It could be anything ,a broken gear pin on a shaft ,even a loose grub screw in the pinion gear on the motor shaft!

I hate it when my Trojan breaks!

If it is 4 wheel drive it can not be a diff because if one breaks the other is proberly stil alive

Is it 2 or 4 wheel drive
Thanx for reply, it's a 4 wheel drive buggy. It seems to me the cogs on the spur gear are OK, but the spur gear is not engaging with whatever part it is supposed to, slipping.I have enquired with model shop and repair is £10 to 20 for labour, so not bad really. Probably best to bring it there.I thought this would be a really reliable buggy, I was going to get the ZD Raptor, so did I choose the best buggy? My A959 is older and is really reliable despite also being run over by a Fiesta!!!

Thanx for reply, it's a 4 wheel drive buggy. It seems to me the cogs on the spur gear are OK, but the spur gear is not engaging with whatever part it is supposed to, slipping.I have enquired with model shop and repair is £10 to 20 for labour, so not bad really. Probably best to bring it there.I thought this would be a really reliable buggy, I was going to get the ZD Raptor, so did I choose the best buggy? My A959 is older and is really reliable despite also being run over by a Fiesta!!!

It can by everything the most common is a lose grub screw you can take it apart and look wats wrong but the trojan 1:16 is not a bad piece of kit but stock they are a bit weak the zd raptor is a good one too and theb parts are cheap and easyer to get on then the trojan but its your choice to repair the problem yourself or bring it to you hobby shop

Last edited:
I have sent buggy back to Nitrotek, hopefully they will repair. In my view a £100 buggy should not fail after like a week of usage, they should go for months.Otherwise why bother at all with this hobby, too much agro with stuff breaking. I got an Wltoys A959 and it has lasted like 3 months of constant usage, only now has the motor quit (brushed cheap buggy £39) £100 is too much to spend to have a model fail after a week. They seem like quite a good company, they did deliver like the next day, so hopefully they will help me out.
Rob

I got a new Drift car coming, a 1/16th Zd Racing, brushless - should be a nice model.

I have sent buggy back to Nitrotek, hopefully they will repair. In my view a £100 buggy should not fail after like a week of usage, they should go for months.Otherwise why bother at all with this hobby, too much agro with stuff breaking. I got an Wltoys A959 and it has lasted like 3 months of constant usage, only now has the motor quit (brushed cheap buggy £39) £100 is too much to spend to have a model fail after a week. They seem like quite a good company, they did deliver like the next day, so hopefully they will help me out.
Rob

I have orderd a 1:10 nitro from nitrotek and its a realy good buggy i am sure they wil repair it good luck

Back