trinity nitro RX pack tripping out?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alkyula

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i have a off road hump 1150MAH trinity RX NIMH 5 cell pack. to try chargeing it i have a dynamite mega peak charger that can switch between 1amp for rx packs and 4amp for sub-c's. i have used this same charger to charge a peak racing 1200MAH 5 cell NIMH RX pack before and it worked fine. anyway..my question is when i tried to charge the trinity pack, as soon as i hit "start" the RX pack started making a ticking sound...now as I'm sure batterys are NOT supposed to make any kind of noise (at least i never thot they do) i unhooked it immediatly. jsut to be sure i tryd one more time and heard it agian so unhooked it promptly. so what gives? is that normal or do i need a peak charger than can go lower on charging amps? thx

anyone know why it would be doing this? i got this trinitiy pack i want to charge so i can go run my new (used) storm pro!!

I have the same hump pack for my storm , its never made a sound when charging, you did say the clicking noise is coming from the hump pack itself right? thats sounds like it could be a defective pack, although this is rare it happens, still strange that it would actually make noise, I would return it for another and try again! I would strongly recomend you do not try and charge that pack if its making ticking noises, thats messed up!!