Trigger broke on my RadioLink radio

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'd be better off using a plastic weld type glue than CA. But even with that, it's probably not going to hold for long. Even JB weld will likely crack. Without adding something to span the crack like I mentioned, it's simply not going to hold. It is too high a stress on that thin of an area. Once plastic is compromised, the only way to really fix it is stitching it back up.

Looks like they can be replaced. I saw one on Banggood but they are not in stock. Perhaps you could loop a zip tie around to a size slightly bigger than your finger and glue or wrap thread around it and the trigger that’s left for a more permanent solution. Maybe a key ring or something else like a ring...
Might be a good reason to buy a new radio too.

Try contacting Radiolink official store on Aliexpress, they were very helpful when I needed some parts. Took a while to get them from China, though.

Went out for a little bash yesterday after school and looks like the trigger should hold up. :)
Hey bud,
If you can find some 3d files I've got a 3d printer and if it's not a complex part to print I'd be willing to make you a replacement trigger. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Hey bud,
If you can find some 3d files I've got a 3d printer and if it's not a complex part to print I'd be willing to make you a replacement trigger. Send me a PM if you are interested.
I looked on thingiverse and I didn't see any thing. Might look some where else. I got another friend with a printer so might have him do it. Thanks anyways :)

Welp. The CA glue held up for a few months. The radio fell from the couch. And the same thing happened. back half of the trigger broke off. The battery tray door broken. And the AAs don't stay in place. Going to glue it back again. Hopefully it holds. And also, looking for a lipo or life battery for this. If that all fails. New radio time. Looking at the Futaba 4PM and Radiolink RC8X. If I get radiolink, it will pair up with the receivers I have already which is nice. Oh yes, and the FS NB4. Might even fix this radio up and keep as a back up.

Back