Treadmill...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stbob

WWJD
Reaction score
Dug out my treadmill while doing some spring cleaning. Looks like i found a new use for it other than piling clothes on top of it. I did a couple runs with the treadmill set on 10 mph, each time lost control within 30 seconds or less. If and when i finish cleaning out all the junk in this room, i'll start practicing some more, i think this treadmill goes up to 12 mph and up to a 15 degree incline...

I was forced to give up running at the very beginning of the lockdown . And of course I bought a treadmill on https://treadmillreviewsite.co.uk/reebok-zr8-review/. This is probably my most justified purchase during quarantine. It turned out to be a very convenient thing . I can control the rhythm and time and I can adjust everything to myself so that I feel as comfortable as possible. And I can't imagine that I would stop training. You just have to start and you will not be able to give up home sports.

Last edited:
Cool beans! We have a treadmill too that folds up, but we've only used it a couple of times. I wanted it run my buggy on it, but parents think that's not a good idea lol! Challenge, after mastering the treadmill, post a video of you pulling a sustained wheelie on the treadmill while it's on (any speed you want), you can start with the wheelie bar on, then try it without! That's be super cool!

Edit: After watching the video, I'm thinking turn the steering dual rate down a little, so it's less sensitive and won't be so twitchy. If you have a gyro on that, try it with that on (or off if it's already on, or adjust the sensitivity of it), coupled with turning the steering dual rate down.

DO NOT try for a set speed, instead work up to what is comfortable for a half hour run. Sprinting on a treadmill does nothing for you health wise. Also, you should always warm up with a brisk walk first, then into a jog, then into a run if you wish. A 10mph run is a FAST run as an adult. When I got back into running in my 40s (jogging, I'll be honest), 5.5-6.5mph was my happy place.

I have actually put probably over 1k miles on my treadmill. 6mph is typically my pace with always a 2% incline. 10 miles is the longest distance I've logged on it, in a single session.
When I went back to working the day shift, I joined a gym, and worked out right before work. I started back on the treadmill again since COVID, but I prefer to run outside unless the weather is bad. That's what I'm still currently doing, since I still haven't rejoined a gym.

DO NOT try for a set speed, instead work up to what is comfortable for a half hour run. Sprinting on a treadmill does nothing for you health wise. Also, you should always warm up with a brisk walk first, then into a jog, then into a run if you wish. A 10mph run is a FAST run as an adult. When I got back into running in my 40s (jogging, I'll be honest), 5.5-6.5mph was my happy place.
10MPH is a warm up for an RC 🤣

Cool beans! We have a treadmill too that folds up, but we've only used it a couple of times. I wanted it run my buggy on it, but parents think that's not a good idea lol! Challenge, after mastering the treadmill, post a video of you pulling a sustained wheelie on the treadmill while it's on (any speed you want), you can start with the wheelie bar on, then try it without! That's be super cool!

Edit: After watching the video, I'm thinking turn the steering dual rate down a little, so it's less sensitive and won't be so twitchy. If you have a gyro on that, try it with that on (or off if it's already on, or adjust the sensitivity of it), coupled with turning the steering dual rate down.
Currently the treadmill is buried. One day soon i'm gonna sort out the mess before i end up on the show Hoarders...
As for your parents, there's an old saying, “its is easier to beg forgiveness than to seek permission”...

Currently the treadmill is buried. One day soon i'm gonna sort out the mess before i end up on the show Hoarders...
As for your parents, there's an old saying, “its is easier to beg forgiveness than to seek permission”...
Just turn it on. After a few second sit back and enjoy.

Whoops, I made a typo, I meant to say that I wanted to run my buggy on it, but my parents didn't think that was a good idea. I never did get to run my buggy on the treadmill...

Back