Traxxas xrt vs Arrma Kraton , run times

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burky

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
I am considering a 1/5 scale vehicle, but I have of 10- 20 min run times, is this correct ?

Also would an XRT have a significantly longer run time because of less mass than a Kraton.

They would be ran on Gens acs 8000 mah batteries 100 c , if I can even fit them in the XRT battery tray, I know they will fit in a Kraton tray.

For a 1/5 scale, 20 minutes isn't bad at all. Most RCs aren't going to set any records for run time.
Crawlers run longer but we don't run them as hard as the bashers.
I would purchase some more batteries. Instant double run time. Just let the motor cool for a little bit.

Sounds about right.
I agree with @Tunedpipe said.
More mah is more capacity, which more run time. But also depends on how you drive. Like the example between bashers are crawlers, crawlers last longer as your going slower.

Thanks, this surprises me because I get well over an hr on my stampede with a 2s 5300 pack.

My son tells me he gets an 1 1/2 hrs on his trx 4 high trail.

I may have to reconsider this 1/5 scale vehicle.20 mins wont cut it for me.

Even my maxx gets an hr of run time on 4s , 5000 mah.

hmmmm

Comparing smaller cars (less heavy) to bigger cars (alot more heavy)
Bigger and heavier cars will take more power (more discharged the battery comes) in order to get up moving / up to speed)

It all comes down to your driving style not the batteries really. And going up to a 1/5 scale rc. Its a whole new situation. And size and weight of RC vehicle..

Can't compare it to a 1/10 crawler or a 1/10 basher. Takes alot more power and juice for the 1/5 to run... you can still get more then 20mins of run time on a 1/5. Just comes down to your driving. And don't go with cheap lipos. They can cause more problems then good to be honest...

Thanks I am considering gensacearespammers 8000 mah batteries, they have a good reputation....so it seems

I think 'run time' is very different from one user to another. As someone else said, it's all in how you drive. I typically get 30 -45 minute runs on a 1/5 outcast with 8kmah cheap lipos.A set of 10kmah get me around an hour. I'm also not WOT much if any.

Just my opinion, but id look at other options other than gensacearespammers. Others mentioned some good options.

Sounds about right.
I agree with @Tunedpipe said.
More mah is more capacity, which more run time. But also depends on how you drive. Like the example between bashers are crawlers, crawlers last longer as your going slower.
Thanks David, I forgot that part, higher mah gives longer run time.

I think 'run time' is very different from one user to another. As someone else said, it's all in how you drive. I typically get 30 -45 minute runs on a 1/5 outcast with 8kmah cheap lipos.A set of 10kmah get me around an hour. I'm also not WOT much if any.

Just my opinion, but id look at other options other than gensacearespammers. Others mentioned some good options.
This is the reply I have been waiting for 30-45 mins is better than 20.

It sounds like with two sets of batteries I should (could) be looking at 1 hr to possibly an hr and a half of run time, checking for excess heat ofcourse.

I was thinking an XRT would have longer run times because of less mass, but it seems if a heavier outcast will get those " typical" run times it may all be irrelevant.

Also gensacearesoammers is a typo.

It wont let me spell GA

I was partly basing my purchase on run times although the Arrma seems to be WAY better value than the XRT.

Just my opinion but I don't think I'd choose a 1/5 scale platform based on runtime. There are so many other important aspects to consider which I think would be of more importance. That being said, I don't think you can go wrong with either choice.

I am considering a 1/5 scale vehicle, but I have of 10- 20 min run times, is this correct ?

Also would an XRT have a significantly longer run time because of less mass than a Kraton.

They would be ran on Gens acs 8000 mah batteries 100 c , if I can even fit them in the XRT battery tray, I know they will fit in a Kraton tray.
I bought these batteries straps for my XRT and they are awesome. They allow you to have way more battery options.
https://www.smc-racing.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=131_207&product_id=725

XRTkit-500x500.jpg

Back