Traxxas TQ radio acting weird?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
I wanted to put one of my spare traxxas radios back into the slash. When I turned on the esc and radio everything was fine. But once I turn off the radio the motor goes in reverse at %10. I re-calibrated the esc and did the same thing once I turned off the radio. Maybe it did that since I switched radios? I will take a video today when I get home and I will see if it continues to do the reverse thing. (Btw, this was on the slash stock radio that I had for 7 years now. I will test out my rustler one which is 3 years old to see if it does the same thing or not.)

its not the radio its the users incorrect operation of rc gear radio on 1st and last. turn esc off unplug battery then turn radio off

I wanted to put one of my spare traxxas radios back into the slash. When I turned on the esc and radio everything was fine. But once I turn off the radio the motor goes in reverse at %10. I re-calibrated the esc and did the same thing once I turned off the radio. Maybe it did that since I switched radios? I will take a video today when I get home and I will see if it continues to do the reverse thing. (Btw, this was on the slash stock radio that I had for 7 years now. I will test out my rustler one which is 3 years old to see if it does the same thing or not.)
Sorry buddy but that's operator error....👍🤣🤣🤣
No worries we have all been there

I got an OE code on my brain code scanner. Ill clear it today and hopefully it doesn't come back. If it does Ill take myself to the repair center. :)🤣

I got an OE code on my brain code scanner. Ill clear it today and hopefully it doesn't come back. If it does Ill take myself to the repair center. :)🤣
I'm always in the garage clearing brain codes haha🤣🤣😉

You should also re-calibrate the throttle - I believe Traxxas failsafe is set when you bind the Rx / Tx. Throttle must be at neutral when binding.
When the receiver has no signal it should go to failsafe, which should bring throttle to neutral.
As it is now, if you ran the car out of radio range, it would go to 10% and keep driving away from you - not safe.