Traxxas stampede brushless opinons?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly think that speeds like that on the Pede are useless. You would spend more time doing the shiny side slide than anything else. The Pede's height and narrow width is it's downfall.

Depending on what you plan on doing with it, you may want to take a look at the brushless Rustler. It shares the same chassis with the Pede, but with a much lower center of gravity which equates to better stability at the speeds the brushless motor will generate.

Checkout Maxamps for lipo batts.

I was looking at the rustler too. either one is fine with me. Also good link (Maxamps). would either of those be able to handle a jump?

What wheels would give me a good offset to widen the stampede? also, what tries would fit them that would work on grass/pavement (50/50). Also, who makes a good 7 cell POWERFULL non lipo setup? and can lengthining a stampede give you the ability to run more cells?

Wheels are not the way to widen a Pede. I dont know of any that are made to do just that. The fronts and rears are are different offsets to begin with. Thats why people use HPI Rush or Jato arms to widen a pede.
Tires are up to you, and what rims you run, 2.2 or the new 2.8.
Yes a streach job will let you run 8 cells, but you can do so with out doing that. its a 7 cell with a 1 cell "hump". LOTS of places sell these. As for the "most powerful" just get good quality cells. Almost any 3300 and up cell will do.

Do those batery packs require special chargers??

Is there an adapter for the batter pack with deans? (sorry new to electic).

You will have to make a charge adapter if you plan on running Dean's plugs. What I do is buy the HPI charge adapter for the mini battery packs for the 1/18th scales. It has a Tamiya plug on one end, and the mini adapter on the other. I cut the mini end off and solder on the male Dean's end.... one charge adapter ready to go. You can also buy everything piecemeal and make up an adapter from scratch... I just find it easier to modify an already existing plug. If you need any help just let me know.

Tom

I got tired of having to mess with adapters and changed every thing over to deans including my mini packs. I even did the motor leads on my sons Rustler. Then again, I like using my Hakko soldering iron. It makes soldering anything a breeze.

I am right there with you Robmob... what isn't direct soldered has a Deans on it. Just makes things so much easier. I don't have a Hakko, but I have a nice Weller that makes the job really easy.

Tom

Back