Traxxas Stampede and hard case LiPo batteries

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alien13

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have an older model Pede and it won't fit the hard case LiPo batteries that I have now. The reason is because of the rounded ribs in the bottom of the battery pocket. Do the grey chassis have those ribs too?

I don't remember if the grey chassis has the ribs but I bet a dremel can remove them!

For $9 I'd rather just buy a newer chassis. Doing a handful of other upgrades as well, so taking it apart isn't much of a problem.

I just looked at a pick on the Traxxas site and the grey chassis does have the ribs. If you go to their products page, select electric, scroll down to the Stampede you will see it in the pics. I know you don't want to cut the chassis but in my old Pede I cut slots on each side of the battery compartment and used velcro straps, room to use any battery you want.

Last edited:
Must be a pre-2011 chassis, I just found a comparison pic with a chassis that doesn't have the ribs, and they don't appear to be shaved out.

I pulled mine out with a pair a pliers. I was showing it off to a friend with lipo batteries for the first time and couldn't go home and make it look pretty.

Have you looked at the battery extension kit? If the batteries are too "thick" this should fix the problem.

Back