Traxxas Stadium Maxx: Yay or Nay?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMaxDude

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I've just ordered the s-maxx from traxxas and i was wondering if its a truck that can take a bashing or its just best to keep the tires on the ground. I haven't seen much said in the way of reviews of this truck, just want to know your opinions. Thanks...I'll stay tuned.

BTW should be arriving on tuesday the 28th of dec.

From what I have read,they have "fixed" all what was wrong with the original and the s-maxx is almost like a new truck. It should be just fine for bashing. For racing thats another thing though.

i'm very impressed by the truck. granted ur kinda in the wrong forum, but anyways. all the reviews i've seen have been above average (not talkin purely mag, never-negative, reviews...actual accounts online where people had 2 buy theirs). i dont see any reason y u couldnt race it. depends on what u wanna do w/it. good luck w/it, u wont be disappointed. i know in addition that all the guys (and kids) w/them at our track are not bummed bout their truck in the least. i am at my SUT RTR lol.

-Ult

I just want to know is what i can do with it w/o breaking it every time i take it out. Whats a good ramp size? 3 ft? 5ft? What are some throttle techniques to keep it on its wheels when it lands. I'm assuming that its basically throttling up when the front end is diping too much, possibly hammering the breaks when the rear starts to drop faster during hangtime. Sry got to ask these questions sometime, I'm a noob when it comes to nitro trucks, got some experience w/ the old mans planes tho.

Last edited:
The s-maxx is a great mt.I had a sport maxx w/ 2 speed tranny so it was close to the s-maxx only diffs the body and tires.The s-maxx is the same as the T-Maxx just 2 wheel drive and no reverse.But the s-maxx has better accelaration then the Tmaxx no reverse.But since the smaxx is 2wheel drive it can be hard to control at high speeds.So what ever the T Maxx came do the smaxx can do but it is lighter so u dont need to go fast to get high off the ramp

SMaxDude, you're right with the throttle and braking to keep it level when jumping. Just keep in mind that it's cold where you are, and all the parts on the car get brittle.
In the summer, they can take a very serious bending and spring back for more, but when they are cold, an impact will snap them.

Back