Traxxas Sledge Tyre Inserts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bearbait

RC Newbie
Reaction score
As a novice, has anybody got any suggestions when it comes to replacement tyre inserts. My Sledge is running the standard Sledgehammer tyres and stock wheels, but the inserts disintegrate very quickly, with the tyres still in good condition. Could anybody offer any advice as to how to source replacement tyre inserts? I’ve seen some online, advertised as 1/8 truggy inserts, but is it really as simple as that, that the inserts will fit any 1/8 truggy? I’d appreciate advice, please.

What you need are 3.8 inch foam inserts for an 1/8 scale truggy. I would suggest closed cell foams if you can find them, as water doesn't destroy them like it will open cell (normal) foams.

THESE SHOULD work but you're going to have to figure out how to remove your tires from the rims. There are various different methods like subjecting them to an acetone vapor bath or baking the wheels and tires at low heat for a period of time also breaks down the CA glue that they are glued on with.

What you need are 3.8 inch foam inserts for an 1/8 scale truggy. I would suggest closed cell foams if you can find them, as water doesn't destroy them like it will open cell (normal) foams.

THESE SHOULD work but you're going to have to figure out how to remove your tires from the rims. There are various different methods like subjecting them to an acetone vapor bath or baking the wheels and tires at low heat for a period of time also breaks down the CA glue that they are glued on with.
Thanks for the reply, I’ll pick some up and give it a go. I’ve tried both an acetone soak and oven baked, the oven method is far simpler/less messy and worked really well. Thanks again.

Thanks for the reply, I’ll pick some up and give it a go. I’ve tried both an acetone soak and oven baked, the oven method is far simpler/less messy and worked really well. Thanks again.
Awesome! Let us know how it works out :)

Back