Traxxas Slash

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RusTLeRx350

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey everyone. I'm looking at buying a Slash off of a guy. It's stock, with the XL-5 and Titan Motor...and he says it comes with a 5000 mah LiPo. I didn't think the XL-5 ESC could handle the LiPo batteries? Anyway, I was thinking of taking my Brushless VXL System and putting in it if anything. Would everything fit fine without any modifications? Here is a picture of it.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2m2w96o.jpg

thats a very popular setup in a slash is the vxl. and the xl5 handles 2s i think with a cutoff.

Okay, thanks. I'll probably end up doing that then if I'm not happy with the XL-5.

cool good luck they are really fun imo.

I ran lipo when mine was stock but you just need to watch the voltages while running. The VXL setup in the slash is great.

What were the speeds like with the XL-5 stock with a LiPo?

XL-5 will handle both 2s and 3s LIPO, but no Lipo Cutoff supports the stock ESC. You'll have to pickup a Low Voltage Alarm instead. MaxAmps makes one.

Yeah, I saw that Motogod. I was looking at that. I'd assume it's going to come with one since he's been running this LiPo with it. Thanks for the help everyone.

Back