traxxas slash

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bake3

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
how can you tell if the motor is bad or going out?

Brushed? It makes a bunch of noise and slows down and or stutters or stops.

If so, just replace it. They are cheap. If you get a decent brushed motor as replacement, you can just replace the brushes when you wear them out.

On brushed I had a few with cheap motors I would have to give a little nudge to get them going occasionally. I would hit it with some motor cleaner to keep it a going until the brushes or the Comm went completely dead. With a brushless, the smoke normally lets you know. However with the high powered motors the battery not having the proper "C" rating can cause a voltage ripple and cause it to stutter or cog.

the motor is actually like locking up and the shaft is moving alot along with noise

Brushed or brushless? The velineon brushless have know to have the magnets inside come unglued. It is a 5 min fix with some epoxy or gorilla glue if that is the case.

I think you would need something that has a high heat tolerance because of the temps the motor gets to. My rotor blew out on my slash vxl and it was a $40 replacement. The motor would "whir" but the truck wouldn't move

Sent from my Pipboy-3000 in the Capital Wasteland.

I think you would need something that has a high heat tolerance because of the temps the motor gets to. My rotor blew out on my slash vxl and it was a $40 replacement. The motor would "whir" but the truck wouldn't move

Sent from my Pipboy-3000 in the Capital Wasteland.

The motor should never be over 200 degress and most epoxies and even glues are rated for atleast twice that. You can also just drip some green loctite around the shaft on both ends of the magnet and it will hold.

I have repaired one vxl with epoxy and it has been holding up to 3s abuse for several months now with no problems. I have never used the loctite method but hear good things about it.