Traxxas slash vxl or Sc10rs brushless?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro_newbie

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I am looking to get into short course and i was wondering what was a better truck out of the box, for around the same price. I have some rc experience, and i would like to try raceing.Thanks.

I hear the SC10 is a great race truck and are really built tuff, the slash are just too common IMO. Personally I would go SC10, I run a Losi XXX-SCT and she is built like a rock but not sure how they do on the track I just bash mine

The slash is a proven thug. It takes INSANE amounts of abuse, literally! If all you will be doing is racing though, on a track, the sc10 is a better "race truck" out of the box, but thats it. If you will be bashing more, the slash is the winner....If you can save extra and get a 4x4 slash, its well worth it.

I have a 2wd slash and I love it and the thing holds up better than most of my rc's. I want to get the 4wd version aswell. the only problem I have is my son loves the slash's so if I get one he wants one too, and it makes it more fun when he has one like me cause he is always willing to bash and race with me. his slash2wd is going to get converted to brushless in the next week. I am trying to figure out if I want to get him the same setup I have (SV2 esc. with a 4pole 5700kv motor) with 2s 4100 she is fast!! and with my 3s5000 I havent been able to even come close to full throttle to find out top speed. The slash was one of the best purchases I have made!!! and this is comeing from someone who loves his maxx's!!!!

Yep, Slash's are way too common............you bet they are; Traxxas practically invented the short course RC truck. That being said, the Slash's I have seen run or race have been pretty nice, competative and strong. Then again, all the others from Losi, HPI, AE, etc. are too. Really, practically any NAME brand SCT is going to suit your needs. I think the real concern for you would be Kit or RTR.

the slash's might be common but there is def. enough after market parts to have it your own design...

Back