Traxxas Slash Mid Motor Swap

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update took off the rear and drilled out new shock holes in the a-arms, the a-arms almost sit flat to the ground

26F51276-52BD-4B33-98F4-23939B4933B7.jpeg

The car is looking good.

When you drill your holes, make sure its true. Slightly off will have sketchy results.

Please dont ruin a slash by doing that to it. I've done a mid motor conversion on a Rusty before. Theres a reason that the Traxxas engineers hung the motor off the rear end. I spent a lot of time, effort and money doing it and in the end I tore it all back down within a week because it no longer performed as good as it did stock. Just my :2cents:

Please dont ruin a slash by doing that to it. I've done a mid motor conversion on a Rusty before. Theres a reason that the Traxxas engineers hung the motor off the rear end. I spent a lot of time, effort and money doing it and in the end I tore it all back down within a week because it no longer performed as good as it did stock. Just my :2cents:
ok I'm still going to do it for better handling

ok I'm still going to do it for better handling
Well, he said that handling was worst than rear motor.

I am not an expert, long time ago I was thinking about doing mid motor conversion but one of the problem was that stock transmission has built in antisquat if I remember, or maybe even a toe in, so completely changes geometry when swapped. It can be changed by rpm gear ox housing because they have separate bulkhead parts that can be swapped, but it's not worth messing with it. For money needed to do the conversion you can find used associated sc5m and it will handle way better

Back