Traxxas Slash 4X4 LCG "Platinum" - circa 2013

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

entropy

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Lumpini, Pathumwan. Bangkok, 10330, Thailand
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hi all. I have a Traxxas Slash 4X4 LCG "Platinum" from 2013, it's been a great truck. Recently I purchased a new Slash VXL 4x4, it looks like there has been a lot of enhancements regarding chassis layout, servo position, etc. Does anyone know if it's easy to get still get parts for the older layout? I've tried searching around, but most places just show them as Slash 4x4 parts, hard to distinguish which will fit the older model and which will fit the new model. If parts are still available for the older model, are they readily, or like many RC cars, the limiting factor of their longevity is parts availability? Due to my location I have to order everything, there is no local shop selling Traxxas.

One more question, I'm out of the loop, what year did Traxxas change the 4x4 Slash layout? How much parts similarity is there between them?

Thanks.

In the image, on the left, Traxxas Slash 4X4 LCG "Platinum", and the current Slash VXL 4x4.

IMG_0959.JPG

The Slash 4x4 has always stayed the same more or less, except for mild changes, such as different trim levels, body/tire changes, electronic updates, etc, so parts availability should not be an issue. I think back then, both the LCG version and HCG version existed, with the Platinum and Ultimate versions featuring the LCG chassis (and the rest standard HCG), and you got the Platinum with the LCG chassis. Sometime last year Traxxas discontinued the Platinum version, so the only trim that comes standard with the LCG chassis now is the Ultimate and you got the standard VXL Slash 4x4 (with the HCG chassis).

Also, I think the LCG design might be newer than the standard HCG.

The Slash 4x4 has always stayed the same more or less, except for mild changes, such as different trim levels, body/tire changes, electronic updates, etc, so parts availability should not be an issue. I think back then, both the LCG version and HCG version existed, with the Platinum and Ultimate versions featuring the LCG chassis (and the rest standard HCG), and you got the Platinum with the LCG chassis. Sometime last year Traxxas discontinued the Platinum version, so the only trim that comes standard with the LCG chassis now is the Ultimate and you got the standard VXL Slash 4x4 (with the HCG chassis).

Also, I think the LCG design might be newer than the standard HCG.
Great answer, thanks, that gives me something to go on. Making sense to me now that the Platinum is an LCG versus the standard VXL HCG. I realize now how many nice upgrades the platinum had such as aluminum shocks, aluminum hubs, and some other bits. I might do an LCG conversion on the other just for an excise to tear it apart.

Great answer, thanks, that gives me something to go on. Making sense to me now that the Platinum is an LCG versus the standard VXL HCG. I realize now how many nice upgrades the platinum had such as aluminum shocks, aluminum hubs, and some other bits. I might do an LCG conversion on the other just for an excise to tear it apart.
Yeah like turbo said. Parts shouldn't be a problem to get for your slash. Very little changes made.. couple video of the ultimate and the platinum comparisons for ya..there's alot of other videos on YT and traxxas also has a comparison on their site

"Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum | RC 4x4 | Traxxas" https://m.traxxas.com/products/models/electric/6804Rslash4x4platinum

"Slash 4X4 Ultimate | 4X4 RC Truck | Traxxas" https://m.traxxas.com/products/models/electric/slash-4x4-ultimate

Back