Traxxas Revo 3.3 EZ start replacement

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcaddict234

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I have had trouble with my EZ start gearbox and it has started to piss me off. What is a good quality counterpart for it? Maybe metal gears?

I believe he was asking for a better quality version of the ez start system.

I believe he was asking for a better quality version of the ez start system.
Yes sorry for the confusion. I have dealt with the slash 2wd transmission I don’t want the gearbox to end up like that lol.

Could close off the backplate completely and go bump start!

I think it would be better to go pull-start. I converted all of my Traxxas engines to pull-start, EZ started to keep breaking down and i wasted a car ride to the track to find out the ez start motor burned out. now it is very easy to start them. 1 pull, fires right up

Personally I agree with what most of the others are saying/would say which is pretty much any other method of starting (pull start, bump start, roto start, etc) is better than an EZ Start type system. just my :2cents:

Converted my traxxas cars to roto start. Never looked back.
Less weight, less clutter and more efficient engine cooling.
Admittedly though, EZ start never broke a one way bearing, while same cannot be said for roto start.

Would that really work? I’m tempted haha

It'd be a little work because you'd have to change the crankshaft too, for a version without the starting lug (or grind yours off, but then you'd have to buy a new one if you want to go back)

You'll need to buy 2 parts and dismantle & reassemble the engine completely, but if you have a bump box already and it'll reach the flywheel, it's one of the most foolproof options.