Traxxas nitro rustler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smc86

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Ok I have a nitro rustler 2.5 engine having problems with it revving high rpms when sitting still ripped out 2 new spur gears it has a new carb on it new fuel lines new clutch engine is only 2 years old ran a gallon through it buddy thinks it's sucking air through crank seals they look good to me though idk I'm lost and need help why it's revving high

Ok I have a nitro rustler 2.5 engine having problems with it revving high rpms when sitting still ripped out 2 new spur gears it has a new carb on it new fuel lines new clutch engine is only 2 years old ran a gallon through it buddy thinks it's sucking air through crank seals they look good to me though idk I'm lost and need help why it's revving high

What is the appearance of the engine look like ,is it all caked up with fuel residue?
If it is ,then that is a sign of leakage some where ,could be a leaky head or even a crack block!

What is the appearance of the engine look like ,is it all caked up with fuel residue?
If it is ,then that is a sign of leakage some where ,could be a leaky head or even a crack block!
There's no fuel residue on Block anywhere didn't see any cracks on it either do u think I need new head shims maybe idk

Id make sure the engine and carb are sealed if you havent already (VIDEO LINK)

Also repeatedly stripping spur gears a lot of times can be caused by excessive drag in the driveline. Id check all your bearings in the transmission and wheel hubs to see if any of the bearings need replaced.

Id make sure the engine and carb are sealed if you havent already (VIDEO LINK)

Also repeatedly stripping spur gears a lot of times can be caused by excessive drag in the driveline. Id check all your bearings in the transmission and wheel hubs to see if any of the bearings need replaced.
Ok ill check it out tonight and see if bearings are bad but I'm pretty sure there good there's a air leak somewhere can't figure out where guess I'll have to seal it it

Back