Traxxas 540 XL motor in a rustler 4x4

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigHolla

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I was wondering can the Hoss 4x4 motor/esc 540 xl combo fit in the rustler 4x4? Based off the visuals from the Traxxas site it looks like it would fit because the space that you see in the rustler pic is not there on the hoss due to the longer tube.

A714DB08-8902-421F-B485-32C6CA4C7FCA.jpeg

Last edited:
I was wondering can the Hoss 4x4 motor/esc 540 xl combo fit in the rustler 4x4? Based off the visuals from the Traxxas site it looks like it would fit because the space that you see in the rustler pic is not there on the hoss due to the longer tube.
The Hoss is nearly 2.5" longer than the Rustler though, so that will make a difference. The Rustler is 17.98" long, and the Hoss is 20.24". However, I'm not sure how much of that is the length of the chassis, versus overall length.

The Hoss is nearly 2.5" longer than the Rustler though, so that will make a difference. The Rustler is 17.98" long, and the Hoss is 20.24". However, I'm not sure how much of that is the length of the chassis, versus overall length.
If you look at it and figure out a way to mount that servo horizontally, you could fit an excellent 8th-scale system. I'm talking about the hoss though.

You could 100% fit it move the receiver box to the front (where it is on the hoss) and move the ESC as far forward as possible should fit that long motor in there

Back