Traxxas 4 Defender will not move

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winggs

RC Newbie
Reaction score
After turning on my traxxas I only have steering the unit will not move forward or reverse. Can someone help me sort this out.
Thank you for any help.

Hi.. do you have the xl5 esc?. if yes check the bullet plugs inside the clear shield on the red and black wire then wiggle the red and black wire might be a loose solder joint either on motor or esc

Hi.. do you have the xl5 esc?. if yes check the bullet plugs inside the clear shield on the red and black wire then wiggle the red and black wire might be a loose solder joint either on motor or esc
Thank you for getting back to me. Yes I have the XL5 ESC. I tried moving the wires and checked for a loos connection that made no change.
I now noticed the green light on the ESC is flashing rapidly. I checked in the book and that is supposed to indicate " the speed control is not receiving a signal" Everything is plugged in and switched on. The only thing that works is the steering.

call 888-872-9927 and talk to a rep and they will work with you on the phone.

ok try this to narrow it down... unplug servo from rx now unplug esc from rx plug esc into servos old ch1 slot .see if esc works thru steering wheel...if it does you need a rx or try rebinding rx to radio..

You might wanna try XL-5 HV Setup Programming (Calibrating your ESC and transmitter) in your manual (page 18). Check your motor also, hook the motor leads directly to a battery (since it's a brushed motor) to see if the motor spins or not. If it doesn't replace the motor or at least try cleaning the motor out and try again.

You might wanna try XL-5 HV Setup Programming (Calibrating your ESC and transmitter) in your manual (page 18). Check your motor also, hook the motor leads directly to a battery (since it's a brushed motor) to see if the motor spins or not. If it doesn't replace the motor or at least try cleaning the motor out and try again.
Thank you for getting back to me . Yes I have determined that it is the motor, I connected it directly to the battery it does not spin.

Back