traxxas 2.5r wont start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kxmonster219

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
my band new 2.5r in a nitro stampede i think it is my glow plug ignitor it uses d sized batterys and they will only start it twice after that they wont burn the fuel
should i just get a new ignitor? am i doing something wrong? or could it be somthing else?
glow plugs work
i primed the engine
1 to 2mm in the carb
and i have used after run oil

I would try resetting your needles and gap your carb no more than the thickness of a credit card. Test the ignitor out on a plug numerous times to make sure its the ignitor, no sense buying another ignitor if it lights the plug up.

The screw with the spring on it by your air intake port on the carb is the carb gap needle, the high speed needle is the the screw that the fuel line plugs into and your low speed needle is on the end of the carb slide, usually right where your throttle line from your servo connects. Slang is HSN and LSN and your idle control or carb gap screw.

well i have only messed with the high speed needle and the carb gap but other than that they are in default position and by the way the engine is band new only been started 5 times

---------- Post added at 2:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:23 PM ----------

the carb gap is in the right place and the hsn is slightly rich about an hour and nothing else has been touched

try to pre heat the engine with a hair dryer first
if that don't work I would lean the hsn a touch till it fires but make sure you monitor the temps

i am going to drop it by a hobby shop and see if they can say something about it

hey it will start now but i am haveing tunning probs i can't get it rich enough so it puts out smoke i just get a little smoke and if i run super hard it will be 270 but no higher than that
so i know it is too lean but when i go to richen it it shuuts off right after i take the glow plug ignitor out is the idle gap too small?