traxxas 2.5 wont start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MatthewBoyd

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I just got a traxxas nitro rustler from craigslist. The kid said it runs but the pull start string broke. I repaired the pull string but the engine will not start. Plug is good.engine is getting gas and hs compression. Any ieas?

I just got a traxxas nitro rustler from craigslist. The kid said it runs but the pull start string broke. I repaired the pull string but the engine will not start. Plug is good.engine is getting gas and hs compression. Any ieas?

Did you check to see if the carb is 1mm open. Also try putting it back at factory setting. Sometimes I have to put a little fuel directly in the carb if I'm having trouble getting it to start 90% of the time that works with a pull start. I just get a cap full of fuel and dump it directly in the carb.

Yeah I did all that. Re-set the carb. put fuel in. Someone recommended started fluid. Bad idea?

Never tried starting fluid. Idk if that is ok or not? I would just dump a little fuel directly in the carb and try that.

---------- Post added at 9:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:13 PM ----------

Never tried starting fluid. Idk if that is ok or not? I would just dump a little fuel directly in the carb and try that.

Did you prime the engine? You have to prime the engine by holding your finger over the exhaust for like three pulls then put the glow plug ignitor in and crank it.

Yeah I primed it. Ill try to put a little more fuel into the carb.

Alright I have taking everything apart and everything is fine inside. Tried starter fluid still nothing. Tried a new glow plug and warmer. Gas is getting to engine and everything. But while I'm trying to start it some times the fuel goes back into the tank. Any ideas that I might haven't tried?

I got it to start. But now either the car wont run or it takes off on me.