traveling question?????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevelledude33

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
you think i can bring my electric truck and batterys and the charger with me on vacation? will i be screwed if i show up at airport with my stuff?

chevelledude33, I have traveled a ton with my equipment without to many problems. Everytime that I have to check in my stuff they end up riping my Losi bag all apart looking at everything that is inside. The most common thing that they look at with me is my power supply and chargers. Other than that you should be okay. If you are going to carry anything onto the plane, be sure to bring a Car Action or some magazine RC related so they don't freak out. Last week I carried on my transmiter without any problems, but that could have just been my lucky day.

would it be better if i didnt carry it on? like put it in my big suitcase? thanks

I've checked my rc stuff in a big tote many times and never had a problem.

Just make sure you lock the bag!
Baggage handeler might want to play on the runway with your shizzel

I hate to say it but some airports do not allow you to lock your bags. If you do they can and do cut locks on locked bags to inspect them.

Personally I think it's leaving them more than open for a major lawsuit inspecting your bags without you being present. I know when I traveled out of Seattle last June I was required to leave my overstuffed bags unlocked and I found deep down inside a not stating that my bags had been searched. Just an FYI for you guys wanting to lock them in your checked baggage.

Last I knew, no baggage that you check can be locked anywhere in the US.

Not in Seattle. In June 03 and November 03 they told me to leave it unlocked and they would inspect it after it was checked.

Sorry for the bad info then. I haven't been on a plane since my honeymoon, well before September 11th.
I had locks on all my luggage. I guess for security reasons now, they have to be able to gain access.

Leaving out of Virginia, Baltimore, DC, Miami and a few other places they never said a thing about locked bags however they did a quick search while we were waiting in line.