Transmission options for traxxas 2wd cars

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Alrighty which one should I go with? 1. The Traxxas magnum 272R (Drag Slash) transmission 2. Proline pro series HD transmission (32 pitch gears) or 3. Get a transmission case and all of the gears separate. I saved the diff and idler gear from my old rustler transmission so if I go with the Hot racing gear case or the RPM one I would just need the input shaft. What I do with my rustler and slash is basically all of the above here: Speed runs, street bashing, low jumps, running on my new LHS clay track. With the drag slash transmission it is a sealed and tune able diff so I can use different weight oils and a aluminum motor plate. (customizable colors too) With the proline transmission I think it is like the stock planetary diff but just with 32 pitch gears.

Anyway you slice it youll be fine. I'm honestly not sure which one Id even pic for myself. Theyre all pretty good choices.

Back