Trail Truck Motor / ESC

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dm_graham308

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have a Trailwalker that is completely stock other than a 1.9 wheel and tire change. It is a great RTR truck, but I am looking to give it some more usability. I want a motor/esc that allows me to have more speed for smoother trails and also have good low speed control for slowly maneuvering through ruts and rocks.

I don't want a fast rock basher or a slow crawler, but I'm looking for a good mid range. I also do not want to spend over more than $400 on my setup and I'm fine with either brushed or brushless options.

Thanks

Check into These
Simple gearing change will also help you reach what you are looking for. I use Holmes Hobbies motors in all of my crawlers.
The Trailwalker is a nice rig and very upgradable.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, the Hobbywing 1080 esc Here is a great match up with the hobbywing. Some of them come with a program card which is a must for crawlers.

Last edited:
Check into These
Simple gearing change will also help you reach what you are looking for. I use Holmes Hobbies motors in all of my crawlers.
The Trailwalker is a nice rig and very upgradable.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, the Hobbywing 1080 esc Here is a great match up with the hobbywing. Some of them come with a program card which is a must for crawlers.
Thanks! I'll check out those links.

Back