tracks....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
have I offended someone because if I have I am very sorry!!!

Will some body please tell me if you like my design!! I don't want to build some thing boring.

When you build your track, start with half of the jumps you have on the design. Its very easy to add a jump but a pain if you end up removing one (work for nothing type thing). You will find on that tight of a track that you will have verry little time to gain control of you vehicle. Which becomes frustrating if you ever want to 'open' up a little.

Like I said, just start with fewer. Space them as equal to apart as you can (as long as it makes sense).

You can always add if you want to :D

that does sound much easier than removing. thanks for the advice. how wide should the track be? I currently am thinking 10 ft is this ok,too wide, or too narrow?

Last edited:
If you have the room, then 10ft is GREAT! If you need room for Marshalls, try not to knock it down below 8. You dont want marshalls hopping in and out of the lanes if you can help it.

Okay I thougt I was going a bit overboard on to width did you notice the big jump on the back straightaway how high should it be??

Height will not be as important as the slope of the jumps. I would suggest all small jumps to be no higher than 2-2 1/2 feet while your 'BIG' jump no higher than 3-3 1/2 feet. The table top should be about 2 1/2 - 3 feet. Use the same concept here. Start smaller and go large. Keep in mind, the bigger the jump, the farther down the track your truck will land. Good slope gets you good launch which result in better landings, which result in a better track ;)

Hope this helps.

-Chris

I wasn't thinking about slope but that does make a lot of sense. the big jump will have roughly a 60-65 foot approach and a 30 ft landing zone including the corner so I should probably use the smaller size. how long should the table top be??
and does 6in sound okay for the small rhythm section just enough to bounce around and be challenging or should I make it bigger

I would make the table top 5-6 feet long. Again, depends on how well it is performing with cars running on it.

I think 6 inch is a little too high. Maybe 4 inch. And that may be a little rough. If you make them like domes then 4-6 is good. Just make sure you stagger them out. If they are like moguls when you go skiing then definately go lower and spread them out about 10 inches apart.

what's a mogul? anyway they will be domed and I was thinking 4in high and 6in apart probably 5 ft on the table top to start with. what is the best material to make borders out of??

Borders are best made with Drain Tile. Big Black Plastic tubing that you can get at home depot. Its not too bad price wise. But, if you are on a budget (strict one) you can use anything from old lumber to old garden hoses. FastEddy has some vid of them using old fire hose as well. Call your local Fire Department and find out if they have any.

make sure when you make your table tops or even high jumps, that you put cut plywood on the sides. This way you can have a higher jump in a narrow spot. Same with the table tops. What will happen if you dont, is the dirt will start to cave down the sides. For every foot of height you will have 1 extra foot on each side. So get the plywood. Another way would be to bury old railroad ties standing up, side by side. The problem there is not only getting them but cutting them. And trust me, they ARE heavy and hard to bury.

I have lifted railroad ties before trust me I know. I think I will use 2x4 or 2x6's thanks for the plywood tip

dont let this thread die tell me what you think please!!

io think you should read new RC club some CP

everyone 'Cept you J/k