Toy Grade, but.....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xraycer

RCTalk VIP
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Flying
I just came across this on Amazon. It's obviously toy grade, but I just find it so freaking cool looking! The video in the review section is a definite selling point for me. At $70, I'm seriously considering it, even if it stops working and becomes an over priced static model 🤣
What are your thoughts and opinions?

Watch the vid:
https://www.amazon.com/vdp/0efd485426454e27b7cdb494c287370e
InShot_20211114_094059237.jpg

Last edited:
I just came across this on Amazon. It's obviously toy grade, but I just find it so freaking cool looking! The video in the review section is a definite selling point for me. At $70, I'm seriously considering it, even if it stops working and becomes an over priced static model 🤣
What are your thoughts and opinions?
https://www.amazon.com/vdp/0efd485426454e27b7cdb494c287370e
View attachment 136564
That would look awesome on a shelf, or on the bench getting a drift or crawler chassis fitted to it. First thing I would do to stomp that toy grade look into the dirt would be to peal off every chrome piece and soak them in Super Clean to get rid of the chrome. Just picture all the chrome bits black 😉

That would look awesome on a shelf, or on the bench getting a drift or crawler chassis fitted to it. First thing I would do to stomp that toy grade look into the dirt would be to peal off every chrome piece and soak them in Super Clean to get rid of the chrome. Just picture all the chrome bits black 😉
Haha
I'm actually ok with all the chrome bling. I'm thinking oil filled shock upgrades though. This thing looks to have a bit of zip! I would relegate this rig to only hard top though.

Oh wait! I just watched the vid. Hell yeah, that's pretty cool. I thought it was going to be a 5mph kids toy.

Drift tires!!!

Oh wait! I just watched the vid. Hell yeah, that's pretty cool. I thought it was going to be a 5mph kids toy.

Drift tires!!!
I know right!

I'll pass on drift tires. I'm a corner gripping kinda guy 😉

I know right!

I'll pass on drift tires. I'm a corner gripping kinda guy 😉
I think that would look cool drifting, and I am not a drift guy either. But a month ago I wasn't an RC drag racing fan either. And now I can't wait to get a second one built. What's that old saying? 😉

I think that would look cool drifting, and I am not a drift guy either. But a month ago I wasn't an RC drag racing fan either. And now I can't wait to get a second one built. What's that old saying? 😉
I hear ya. There was a time when I didn't get the whole rock crawling appeal.

I hear ya. There was a time when I didn't get the whole rock crawling appeal.
Exactly. Based on past experience, anything RC related that I didn't think was cool was actually wicked cool when I tried it. Monster trucks was all I wanted. Then I bought a buggy. Wow, gimme more of that. Hated truggies, until I drove a friends. Same with nitro. Crawlers though... even at first when I finally bought one I wasn't impressed. But it grew on me like a barnicle. It was the whole building and modding part of it that fascinated me. Farkit. I'm gonna toss one of these in my wish list on Amazon. Might be a good stocking stuffer for the kiddo.

Kinda funky for my tastes but does look kind of fun. My problem is, I see things like this and think why not, then remind myself there are other things I really want, and should be saving for. I have to admit, I was surprised by how quick it looks in the video. :thumbs-up:

Someone needs to buy one and brushless-swap it. It would probably destroy the gears though.

I love how in this picture they take this 1/16 scale kit and make it look like its 1/8 or 1/6 scale rig. Looks like its half the size of the kid lol
71GcWoDdNsL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

I love how in this picture they take this 1/16 scale kit and make it look like its 1/8 or 1/6 scale rig. Looks like its half the size of the kid lol
View attachment 136587
Maybe it was just a really tiny kid 😂

I got a kick out of that as well!

At least the truck was in front of the kid. Notice the giant box behind the kid? 😱
LOL, photoshop fail!
Speaking of fail. Appears this kid have no idea on how to hold the tx.

Last edited:
This guy's photo chop shop lacks serious skills.

Back