Total newbie question (flame suit on) RC boats have reverse?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nevrenuf

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I recently was given two brand new rc boats. Different brands. One is a traxxas blast and the other is a Admiral 42. Both remote controls have the trigger style throttle controls where the neutral is in the center and if you pull your finger, the propeller spins for forward. However, NEITHER boat does anything when I move the control the other way. I would assume this to be reverse. Is it possible that both boats are defective or am I expecting boats to have a reverse mode but they don't? The manuals say nothing.

I once had a Traxxas electric Villain IV, and I'm pretty sure I had a limited reverse to get it out of tough spots.
There should be an adjustment on your radio for the percentage of the split from forward to reverse. You can make other fine tuning with a computer radio or a programmable ESC.

Boat1.jpg

Boat3.jpg

some radio setups require you to double pump or its a delayed reverse. the first forward movement of the trigger is braking.

some radio setups require you to double pump or its a delayed reverse. the first forward movement of the trigger is braking.

Stranger Danger!!!!!!!!

Also check your ESC settings. I don't know much about boats but most of the ESC's i have run across for my wheeled rigs have a "race" mode that disables reverse.

Back