Torsen Spider VS standard diffs

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jungleboy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys I'm just wondering what are the advantages of a Torsen Spider diff over the standard diffs used in my Hoa Bao Hyper Pro 7 PBS?

I'm presuming they are stronger due to there billet construction and as I understand have 8 planetary gears as opposed to 6 in the standard diff...

Aside from being stronger do they function any differently to a well set up stock diff with the correct weight oil?

I wont be racing, just bashing around on a variety of surfaces from tarmac, grass, gravel and loose dirt on my brothers MX track.

Basically I drive for fun and wouldnt mind if it pulls the odd wheelie and oversteers a little..

I was thinking of putting a pretty heavy wieght oil (50,000) in the center diff, 3k in the front and 1k in the rear...

Will this give the results I desire?

Should I consider a Torsen spider for any or all of my 3 diffs?

Any help appreciated!

Cheers Jai :D

Well I am not really what the results you desire are but I think for bashing the standard diffs will do just fine. I would go a bit thicker on the diff oils in front and rear. I run 50k center, 15k front and 10k rear. I noticed when I ran the thicker oil I got better traction.

Just go thicker on the fluids and learn what happens. 50K is really thick for a buggy! It won't turn too well but for bashing who cares.
The price of the torsen diffs is ridiculous anyways.

Back