Tools for axial scx24

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is all I have needed. The .050" hex driver is a 1.27mm if you have a metric set. The wheel nuts are 5mm. If you upgrade to the wheel weights with the smaller bolt that holds the wheel on, mine are 4mm.
20210925_173934.jpg

Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BQ4XPQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_glt_fabc_8RGW3DMZZFGZ1AX5VXJ2

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006O5046/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_glt_fabc_KZCRNZBWZF7S0ZN527AM

I have the hex .050" driver and I have the other 3 Dynamite hex drivers and love them.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006O5014/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_glt_fabc_5ZFBE4CZSY49AK2ATY53

I don't own those nut drivers though, but if they are as nice as the hex drivers, they will be fine. They have good reviews.

If you want to spend more money, look at Wiha, Wera, MIP, or other brands. But the Dynamite ones are fine for me.

If you want the little lug wrench, there are lots of those on Amazon.

Last edited:
It can't possibly be as tough as it is working on a N scale locomotive. There is some crazy small parts in there...

It can't possibly be as tough as it is working on a N scale locomotive. There is some crazy small parts in there...
Exactly. The screws seem to be of good quality too. I have taken the body off the Deadbolt a dozen times, and the screws are still doing good.

Ok, I have finally received my new charger pictured below. I purchased to keep my Spectrum batteries maintained and or charged and I think I got that part maybe.... thinking about the little 7.4 2 cell batteries for the scx24 keep calling it my "sexy24" is why I'm posting it here "move if need be" I have some probobly moronic questions... why does my scx24 2s battery have a charge and discharge side on two legs, and the others have a charge/discharge on one leg with a balance? Why are the 2s's not balanced? Or is it? And, charging a 7.4V 350mha 2.59w 3c 30c 2s battery, what amperage? And on that note, safe amperage for everything." 3500mah is 3amp, what about 350? .3? " "This is before reading the booklet which I swear I'm doing atm... 😶 also got new treal drive shafts but that will be lil later, going to get some other stuff going that way I take it apart only once. Cheers. Thanks for info.
20220220_185920.jpg

Ok, I have finally received my new charger pictured below. I purchased to keep my Spectrum batteries maintained and or charged and I think I got that part maybe.... thinking about the little 7.4 2 cell batteries for the scx24 keep calling it my "sexy24" is why I'm posting it here "move if need be" I have some probobly moronic questions... why does my scx24 2s battery have a charge and discharge side on two legs, and the others have a charge/discharge on one leg with a balance? Why are the 2s's not balanced? Or is it? And, charging a 7.4V 350mha 2.59w 3c 30c 2s battery, what amperage? And on that note, safe amperage for everything." 3500mah is 3amp, what about 350? .3? " "This is before reading the booklet which I swear I'm doing atm... 😶 also got new treal drive shafts but that will be lil later, going to get some other stuff going that way I take it apart only once. Cheers. Thanks for info.View attachment 142285
I don't understand what you are asking about one leg and two legs. The SCX24 LiPo is just like every other 2s LiPo. You have the discharge lead and the balance lead.

The charge rate for 1C charging would be .35A. You move the decimal 3 places to the left. That goes for any battery. 6500mAh 1C charge rate would be 6.5A. 5200mAh would be 5.2A. 750mAh would be .75A.

I don't understand what you are asking about one leg and two legs. The SCX24 LiPo is just like every other 2s LiPo. You have the discharge lead and the balance lead.

The charge rate for 1C charging would be .35A. You move the decimal 3 places to the left. That goes for any battery. 6500mAh 1C charge rate would be 6.5A. 5200mAh would be 5.2A. 750mAh would be .75A.
Sorry, proboly sound like an idiot but, on the 360 2S, the j2? plugs into the little charger it comes with, and the other tiny plug is what plugs into the esc. Where as the 3200 3s plugs into the charger via the IC3 and has a balance lead. So does the 350 2s charge with only using the balance lead?
View pictures, is this correct? Thanks
Update: Just seen a youtube video, apparently I need a 2S to 4mm banana with a 4S adapter.
20220221_063328.jpg
20220221_153552.jpg

Last edited:
The plug that you don't have connected needs to be plugged into a banana cable, just like your other battery. You have the balance cable plugged in, but you also need the other cable plugged in. I made a cable for mine.

Back